Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyzes system requirements, including identifying program interactions and appropriate interfaces between impacted components and sub systems.
- Makes recommendations towards the development of new code or to reuse of existing code.
- Will lead assigned projects, including assigning tasks, coordinating efforts, and monitoring performance.
- May recommend modern technologies and methodologies to management for meeting business needs, resolving problems and exploiting opportunities. Remains current with new technologies.
- Provides technical advice and assists in solving programming problems.
- Writes and/or reviews system specifications, including output requirements and flow charts.
- Assists in preparing project plans using project management tools.
- Reviews test results; documents test activities, and records remedial actions.
- Ensures proper analysis of problems and programming approaches to prevent rework and schedule slippage.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) in Computer Science, MIS or related degree and a minimum of five (5) to (7) years of relevant development or engineering experience or combination of education, training and experience.
- Experience in the following areas: project management, enterprise implementation, leadership experience, strategic planning, business acumen, application development, change management.
- Intermediate level knowledge of the following:
- Project/team specific development languages.
- Project/team specific development skills.
- May occasionally work a non-standard shift including nights and/or weekends and/or have on-call responsibilities.
- Configuration experience in following modules on dedicated as well as shared instances (IM, CM, PM, SRM, KM, Release Management, Event Management, Configuration Management, Event management, Discovery and Asset Management) Configuration experience in following modules on dedicated as well as shared instances (IM, CM, PM, SRM, KM, Release Management, Event Management, Configuration Management and Asset Management)
- Customer-facing technical consulting experience with ServiceNow
Experience developing on SaaS (Software as a Service) based tools (ServiceNow), with focus on implementing ITIL processes
- Experience with release/version upgrades including scheduling cloning and migration of data from instances with ServiceNow.