We are looking for a Sr. Security Engineer with experience with Mainframe Systems to join our team for a long-term contract to hire opportunity. You will plan and develop security measures to safeguard information against accidental or unauthorized modification, destruction, or disclosure. You will work with management and other personnel to identify security best practices and applies a risk-based approach to information security as a senior SME covering the security aspects of Mainframe IAM services with a focus on RACF and TopSecret systems. You will lead out-source team staff on the technical aspects of Information Security architecture, development, and operations. Additional responsibilities as follows:
- Produce enterprise-level designs for zOS, RACF and TopSecret for global initiatives.
- Collaborate with infrastructure and operations teams to provide architectural and technical guidance.
- Lead steady state and continuous improvement efforts for Mainframe technologies for globally diverse solutions.
- Coordinate between infrastructure, application, and threat monitoring teams to ensure the timely and successful delivery of our solutions.
- Create and maintain system documentation for domain technologies, including installation, configuration, and appropriate troubleshooting steps.
- Developed, documented, and enforced the standards, security procedures, and controls for access to ensure integrity of mainframe systems.
- Own and lead solution implementations, upgrades, enhancements, and conversions.
- Minimum of 7 years work experience in IT with at least 4 year of information security experience with mainframe systems.
- BS/MS in Cyber Security, Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, Information Services or equivalent.
- Understanding and experience with mainframe services such as zOS, RACF and TopSecret.
- nt concepts and best practices.
- Demonstrated understanding in formulating strategies, alternatives and recommendations in information security management
- Ability to evaluate risk and communicate it in a fact-based manner.
- Ability to clearly communicate with peers, business analysts, and subject matter experts
- Ability to lead and mentor junior team members and colleagues, and support leadership directives
- Key industry certifications such as CISA, CISM, CISSP and mainframe certifications
- Experience across IT domains such as application development, infrastructure, technical support and operations, or continuity of business
- Understanding and working knowledge of cybersecurity governance frameworks such as NIST and SANS
- A history of driving transformational change
IF this sounds like you, please apply today to begin a conversation about this long-term contract to hire opportunity!