Senior Scrum Master & Project Manager
San Francisco, CA (Bay Area) – Hybrid Remote
Target Start Date: June 2022
We are looking for multiple Sr. Scrum Master/Project Managers to help support our premier financial services client’s Enterprise Architecture and Data team. The ideal candidates would possess a CSM or SAFe certification and have experience specializing in IT Development / Infrastructure. While we will prefer some financial industry experience it is not a must-have.
This is a long term consulting (potential contract to hire) opportunity with ABOVE MARKET compensation!
- Review Sprint Plans/ Project plans to plan and coordinate project activity.
- Meet with department heads, managers, supervisors, vendors, and others, to solicit cooperation and resolve problems.
- Work collaboratively with development team, Technical lead and management to determine technical direction and priority of staff for the supporting systems.
- Create, manage and track project vehicles, including, but not limited to:
- Sprint schedules
- Detailed project plans
- Project scope statements
- Resource plans
- Risk and issues logs
- Status reports
- Project Forecast
- Continuous improvement of Sprint release processes to maximize team performance.
- Daily Scrum, Retrospectives and release planning meeting with other teams as needed in regards to project deliverables including managing expectations, presenting and interfacing with sponsors.
- Make decisions and communicate trade-offs and risks; drive key decisions across projects or open defects/enhancements.
- Make recommendations to management about schedules, prioritization and resource allocation with input from team members.
- Manage resource planning and organizational capacity planning.
- Mentor project team members on Software Development processes and best Agile practices.
- Flexibility to engage with team in non-regular hours.
- Be a role model servant-leader to bring value to the Teams with process and tools.
You could be a great fit if you have:
- 8+ years’ Project Manager/Scrum Master experience (Quality of experience is more important than quantity) specializing in IT Development / Infrastructure.
- Over 5 years of experience as a Scrum Master.
- CSM, SAFe, or equivalent Certification.
- Ability to handle a HIGH PRESSURE environment.
- Must be an excellent communicator, able to gain the respect of the team, external stakeholders, and management.
- Must be able to nurture self-organizing, high performing teams through servant leadership and mentoring.
- Must encourage, support, and guide continuous improvement of the team, its products and processes.
- Must be able to resolve conflict through arbitration, negotiation, reasoned discussion, or escalation.
- Must be willing and able to identify problems, impediments, dependencies, and other team dysfunctions, and then facilitate quick resolution.
- Must understand Agile metrics and reporting techniques.
- Must work effectively in a dynamic development environment with matrix reporting structure.
- Must be able to lead a team to make realistic and achievable delivery commitments.
- Ability to influence others including those in senior management.
- Strong written and verbal skills, comfortable presenting to large and small groups.
- Deep knowledge of and passion for Agile/Scrum.
- Deep working knowledge of JIRA and Confluence.