***Only candidates that can work directly on W2 without sponsorship need apply.***
Our client is seeking a Pega Developer with knowledge of PRPC for a direct-hire opportunity in Birmingham, AL. We are looking for someone that takes initiative and is self-motivated. Additionally, this person will need to work in a collaborative environment and may be asked to pair program. This person will have to work within the standards and best practices the team has defined and is expected to have excellent communication skills.
The incumbent analyzes, designs, develops, documents, and implements new software applications using PegaRULES Process Commander (PRPC) software and maintains and supports existing Pega applications to provide information technology solutions for the corporation. The incumbent coordinates and leads all size projects including large-scale projects requiring multiple systems resources. The incumbent serves as a resource and mentor for other IT and business associates.
- Bachelor degree, preferably in Computer Science, and five (5) years of programming experience or five (5) years of programming experience and three (3) years of relevant business experience
- Knowledge of programming languages, platforms, and data structures
- Experience analyzing customer needs, designing new systems and modifying existing systems
- Ability to effectively prioritize and manage multiple concurrent projects
- Experience in a position interpreting and communicating information orally and written
- Experience in a position interacting with all levels of staff internal and external
- Experience in a position requiring the ability to identify and solve problems
- Experience in a position requiring the ability to organize and prioritize tasks
- Ability to motivate, mobilize, and coach associates
- Minimum 4 years of experience with PegaRULES Process Commander (PRPC) is preferred
- Experience with BPM techniques is preferred
- SQL and relational-database experience is desired
- HTML experience is desired
- Pega certification CSSA (Certified Senior Systems Architect), CSA (Certified Systems Architect), and/or equivalent training/experience preferred.
- Experience in designing and developing Business Rules Engine (BRE) and Business Process Management (BPM) applications using Pega PRPC frameworks in Pega 7 and 8.4 desired.
- Proficient in Pega Implementation cycle; Implementation cycle included PRPC tool, development, testing, and deployment preferred.
- Expertise in use of Connectors and Services in PRPC to integrate with external systems preferred.
- Proficient in creating Application Rules, Access Groups, Operators, Rule Sets, Rule Set Versions, Workbaskets and working in a highly dynamic team desired.
- Sound skills in developing PRPC High Level Class structure, Work Flows and Business Process Management preferred.
- Partner with both the client and the business team to develop high quality deliverables across all phases of a project (requirements gathering, design and build phases, user acceptance testing, etc.)
- Leverage your expertise to consult and influence the client's direction, doing Pega the Pega way.
- Demonstrate commitment to and enthusiasm for the client’s success by taking personal accountability to ensure that the product is fully-functioning, meets business requirements, and approved by our client.
- Mentor and train team mates and client business stakeholders
- Pega Senior System Architect certification is preferred
- LSA (Lead System Architect) is preferred
- Experience with various Cloud platforms and technologies
- Experience working with multiple project methodologies, including agile, scrum and waterfall
- Excellent time management and organization skills as well as the ability to manage multiple competing priorities
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate, partner, and collaborate
- Willingness to go the extra mile for the client
- Dedication to a team-oriented environment with the ability to drive and lead by example
- Exposure to a variety to technologies, including object-oriented techniques/principles, database design, application & web servers, not just Pega.
- Aptitude to pick up new concepts and technology rapidly; ability to explain it to both business & IT stakeholders
- A positive attitude and self-motivated with a thirst for knowledge
This permanent position comes with a full suite of benefits including a bonus. The dress code is on the dressy side of business casual, the work environment is a cubicle and parking is free.