Leading Global Innovator Seeks Contractor for the Following
Position: Sr. Research Scientist
Location: Plainsboro New Jersey 08540
Term: 5 Months
- Define, research, and implement Industrial Edge applications and runtime platform enhancements for manufacturing industries, including signal processing, control and optimization algorithms, connectivity, data translation and machine learning methods.
- Understand technology roadmaps and business needs to acquire funding from business units, end customers and government agencies.
- Lead and execute R&D projects to implement Industrial Edge functions in feasibility studies, technical specifications, prototypes and field tests, as well as into larger systems and product components.
- Provide guidance to junior research scientists and software engineers.
- Support the research group’s strategic technology, business, and people development.
- Perform complex hardware and/or software design consultation in accordance with customer/project needs.
- Complete technical solution co-creation for the development and implementation of customer solutions.
- Consult with appropriate groups inside and outside of organization for complex domestic and international projects.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- Ph.D. in Engineering, Mathematics, Computer Science, or related fields.
- 5+ years of experience, preferably in manufacturing industries, or in an industrial research center, a national lab, or in academia.
- 3+ years of experience in management of R&D projects.
- Solid understanding and practical expertise in signal processing, high-performance edge computing, machine learning, statistics, and algorithms.
- A passion for real-world problem solving and a can-do attitude.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (verbal & written) skills in English required. Capable of presenting complex technical topics in a clear and structured way, ability to moderate discussions, meetings, and projects.
- Curiosity to ask questions and find innovative solutions to technical challenges.
Even better if you have:
- Established network with US research institutions and academia.
If this sounds like the perfect fit, apply today!