** Sponsorship is not available for this posting.**
Are you a Sr. Automation / QA Engineer with experience in CI/CD? One of our global clients has an immediate need for an Automation Engineer / QA Tester in Birmingham, AL. You will be responsible for development, management, execution, and maintenance of automated test scripts and frameworks, defect reporting and management with the ultimate goal of ensuring high quality of IT applications, as measured by post-production defects.
- SME in CI/CD and provides input as to the direction of automated testing, standards, processes, tools, and metrics.
- Develops prioritized test plans for applications. Makes appropriate recommendations as to solution architecture.
- Defines, develops, executes, and documents automated test scripts and cases utilizing a full range of tools and processes, automation frameworks, software development languages, and database tools.
- Develops, executes, maintains, and reports automated test suites and frameworks
- Performs application system performance monitoring of both Test and Production platforms/environments
- Provides daily and release-based reports that detail the results of test execution, defects found, and issues encountered with scripts
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 7+ years with hands-on development of Automated Tests and Frameworks focused on RESTful services/APIs
- Minimum of 5+ years’ experience in software development and system design.
- Expert level experience in setting up test automation frameworks.
- Experience with automated testing tools/frameworks such as Rest Assured, JaxRS, Cypress, Cucumber, Appium is required.
- Experience integrating tests into CI/CD frameworks and pipelines.
- Experience with Jenkins, Maven, Git, Gitflow or similar tools and processes highly desirable.
- Experience with relational database methodology as well as methods for accessing and validating of data via SQL.
- Experience working in Agile and hybrid Agile environments required.
- Experience working in TDD, ATDD, and/or BDD a plus.
- BS degree in Computer Science, MIS, or related degree is required.
- Experience with VersionOne preferred.
- Software Quality (CASQ or CSQA) and/or Software Testing (CAST or CSTE) Certifications a plus.
PERKS: Excellent benefits, 401k matching, State of the art e-business technology and more. This is a direct hire position working onsite in Birmingham, AL.