Terrific Long-Term Contract Opportunity with a FULL suite of benefits!
Position: Sr. Project/Program Manager
Location: Hartford, CT
Term: 3 Months
Description/Comment: The successful candidate will assist the Executive Director in ensuring performance of the duties of the Health Information Technology Officer as designated to lead and manage health information technology initiatives that advance the strategic goals. The successful candidate will be a senior project manager with at least five years of experience overseeing projects that include health information technology infrastructure and analysis. The successful candidate will also have knowledge about and experience with government programs.
- Participate in a senior role to develop goals and strategies to advance the mission.
- Assist the executive director with the oversight of statutory and ad hoc committees and commissions focused on IT matters. This includes subcommittees and design groups as will evolve from time-to-time.
- Assist the Executive Director in ensuring oversight of the contractual activities.
- Assist the Executive Director to develop uniform data standards in accordance with CGS 17b-59a. Collaborate with other officials to develop and implement an information plan.
- Participate in legislative processes as required by the Executive Director in pursuit of objectives, including recommending and drafting statutory changes, participating in public hearings, providing testimony and other similar activities.
- Attract, hire, retain and supervise state and contracted staff to perform functions, in accordance with budgets and approved grants
- At least five years of experience overseeing projects that include health information technology infrastructure and analysis.
- Experience developing or overseeing health information exchange or related health data infrastructure.
- Strong data analytics skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- At least five years of experience at a senior level in healthcare-related collaborative projects that involve multiple stakeholders in both the public and private spheres.
- Experience with government programs.
- Strong managerial skills including the supervision of staff, consultants and other vendors.
- Strong financial management skills with budgets of $1 million or more.
Apply to MATRIX today!