We have a Sr. Project Manager- Cloud opportunity open on a contract to hire basis with a leading Cloud Data Center Management firm. Details:
Location: Raleigh, NC or St. Louis, MO- must be willing to work onsite once Covid 19 restrictions ease.
Keys to the position:
Must have experience managing projects involving Cloud based technologies and VMWare infrastructure.
Must have leadership presence.
Must be comfortable working with new technologies and working closely with product teams.
Must be a technical PM- from an infrastructure perspective.
The role of the Sr Project Manager is to plan, execute, and finalize projects according to strict deadlines and within a budget. This includes managing resources and coordinating efforts of all team members in order to deliver projects according to plan. The Project Manager will also define the project’s objectives, communicate status with the stakeholders and oversee the quality control throughout its life cycle.
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
- Direct and manage complete life-cycle of projects including the planning, design, programming, testing, and implementation of business solutions designed to meet requirements of various departments in the company.
- Develop full-scale project plans and associated communication documents.
- Determines project needs and acquires resources required for the success of the project.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Ensures delivery of project objectives within prescribed timeframe and budget.
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team.
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path.
- Develop and deliver progress reports, requirement and other PMO methodology documentation.
- Facilitate status meetings with project stakeholders.
- Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management.
- Manage resource capacity to align with on-going project initiatives and overall budgetary goals.
- Help develop training materials as needed for the rollout of new business processes.
- Ensures project document are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Minimum 8 years’ experience related to Project planning and execution.
- Experience managing projects following the full life cycle methodology from inception to transition to production and post-implementation.
- Experience with IT infrastructure related projects, product development life cycle and cloud environment infrastructure.
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
- Reacts to project adjustments and alteration promptly and efficiently.
- Persuasive, encouraging, and motivating.
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, clients, and other departments.
- Ability to defuse tension among project team, should it arise.
- Ability to bring project to successful completion through political sensitivity.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Proven experience in delivering IT process and change management.
- Ability to manage and lead without direct authority. Must be a strong leader with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Significant adaptability and flexibility; ability to work in a fast paced, changing environment.
- Strong team building skills for project execution and completion.
Subject Matter Expertise Skills & Experience
- Experience in different project methodologies including agile and waterfall.
- Familiarity with decentralized geographic operational teams.
- Strong understanding of business functional areas (e.g., order to cash, marketing, customer care, website order fulfillment and reconciliation).
- Experience with large enterprise deployments impacting multiple functional departments.
- Capability of executing an IT program with multiple project application development teams and integrated hosted application solutions.
- Responsible for overall coordination of user acceptance testing and training.
- Experience managing multiple, geographically dispersed vendors through all phases of the project life cycle.