- Function: Agile
- Job Ref: 211693
Location: Minneapolis, Des Moines, Charlotte, Phoenix
Contract Length: 6-12 months
There are three words that get you up in the morning –“project to product.” For more than 10 years you have worked in roles such as product manager or other roles where you were responsible for transforming organizations from thinking in accounting terms (projects) and started them down the path of being a product or customer-centric organization. You have also learned how to be consultative, leveraging your innate ability to develop a vision, create buy in on that vision, and organize teams and people around getting the work done. Through this consultative approach you understand value, ROI, product maturity, new product innovation, and the human-centric design concepts that must be employed to see success happen. During your tenure, you have worked up from being someone who lives and breathes product to growing teams, leading change, and bringing transformation to business units and even organizations and you understand the necessary work to see that happen.
As a leader in your former lives, you have built positive client relationships during product transformation engagements. You have assessed the clients’ needs, identified customer outcomes, and developed cohesive strategic solutions. You have been involved in analyzing business data to assess situations, assigning roles to team members, and problem-solving when issues arise. You are a notably strong communicator who is comfortable working with different teams at various levels of a business and have excellent organization skills.
If you have worked as a consultant and know what it means to contribute to a growing and customer engagement - You have seen it all/done it all inside organizations across many verticals and want to bring your experiences and war stories to a group of eager, like-minded change leaders.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities at Our Clients:
• Work with executives, organizations, and heads of business units
• Work specifically to implement and transformation in the product space, including strategic planning, customer journey mapping, product modeling, tactical analysis, and product team development.
• Use subject matter expertise of large-scale Agile and product transformations/frameworks to support the development of an overall transformation plan.
• Act as a guiding force for product managers and product owners as well as cross-collaborate with digital channels teams and/or product development
• Understand, implement, and improve product and portfolio-level metrics and measurements that lead to product improvement
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop new skills to improve the way we coach teams toward improvement
• Launch and Lead a Product Cohort
• Provide individual contributions to Practice
• Facilitate engagement summaries when requested
• Provides support to each squad member in continuous improvement
• Creates and maintains methods of cross-squad communication
• Use your professional network to grow the consulting business
Knowledge - Qualifications:
• Long-standing ability to work in a consulting role.
• Knowledge and/or experience of Kanban, Scrum, multiple Scaling practices and other critical ways of working
• Excellent communication skills in English in written and spoken form
• Demonstrable experience in providing agility coaching to organizations and leaders
• Ability to train agile practices to multiple organizations, executives, teams, and communities
• Strong, demonstrated communication/presentation abilities
• Ability to write, speak and present effectively to individuals, small groups, and large groups
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Office 365 Suite
• VersionOne, Atlassian Jira, or other ALM knowledge
• Knowledgeable in multiple communication, collaboration, remote applications
• DevOps, Product Ideation, Product Creation tools knowledge a plus
Education – Experience:
• Five or more years’ experience working as an agile coach, preferably coaching a variety of situations and competencies
• Certifications not required but the following are a plus:
o CTC, CEC
o SPC, SPCT
o ICP-ENT, ICP-CAT, and ICE-EC
If you are looking for a great team, at a great company that is challenging and rewarding look no further!
Candidates will be responsible for following the client's COVID-19 protocols. Please refer to your MATRIX representative for specifics.
At MATRIX, we expertly match talented professionals with job opportunities to elevate careers. Since 1983, we have placed thousands of professionals at innovative clients across every industry ranging from small startups to Fortune 50 companies. It’s why we’re consistently in the top 25 of all U.S. IT staffing firms and why our consultants rate us well above the industry average, earning us ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing awards year after year. People come to us for a job, and stay with us because of our top-notch consultant care.
MATRIX is and Equal Employment Opportunity employer and provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals. Supporting medical or religious documentation will be required where applicable. If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you may request a reasonable accommodation under the American Disability Act (ADA) by emailing MATRIX_HR@MatrixRes.com. To ensure a quick response to your request, please use the words “Accommodation request” as the subject line of your email.