Title: Sr. Product Designer
Location: San Francisco, CA, Oakland, CA, or Charlotte, NC
Type: Long-Term Contract (conversion possible)
Our large Financial Client's is seeking Senior Product Designers to join their high profile Experience Design team.
The Product Designer partners with Product Management and Engineering on a scrum team to deliver a great customer experience. You’re a jack of all trades with leadership experience and proven success delivering great experiences that cross mobile, web, and beyond. You have strong skills in 2 or more key areas: Interaction Design, Visual Design, and/or Content Strategy, and strong Agile Scrum experience.
What you’ll be responsible for
- Delivering great experiences, in partnership with your scrum team and the larger design team, in the areas of: online and mobile banking, payments, financial education, and onboarding
- Creating common UX deliverables including: Flows, Wireframes, Design Specifications, and Content Decks
- Partnering closely with product managers, scrum masters, developers, researchers, business analysts, and legal/compliance, from aligning on customer and business goals, to managing expectations about design deliverables to shipping the ultimate experience
- Estimating and scoping design work; ensuring design deliverables are done sprint(s) ahead of development
- Speaking to the details of the design deliverables and user stories, answering questions and resolving ambiguities
- Grooming user stories with the scrum team and identifying design-related user stories in the backlog
- 10+ years of experience Deep background in Interaction Design, Digital design and good appreciation of User research and content Strategy.
- A BA/BS or higher in Human Factors or Interaction Design
- Knowledge and understanding of project management principles: managing projects from beginning to end; that vary in scope and complexity
- Leadership experience
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Outstanding problem solving and decision making skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Experience managing vendor delivery including contract negotiation, scoping, writing creative briefs, and problem resolution
- Experience producing mobile and web products that lead to measurable business / customer impact
- Expertise with common design tools (e.g., InVision, Sketch, Photoshop)
- Experience working in an agile environment, with distributed teams and agile delivery tools (e.g., JIRA, Confluence)