Senior Principal Technology Risk Management - DIRECT HIRE
MATRIX has partnered with a premier client in filling a full time employee position where you will start off working remotely but eventually will need to be onsite 2 days per week to meet with the team. Local candidates preferred. This is a great opportunity to expand your career and work with a well known company and look towards career growth.
Are you a senior level person sitting in the corporate risk area with a love for technology, asset management, and collaboration? Do you live, eat, and breathe Risk but also enjoy and have experience with process improvement across multiple areas and are saavy with information technology audits? Are you extremely collaborative and enjoy working with your teammates? Are you looking for your next long term career opportunity? This position may be for you!!!
This position is responsible for analyzing and managing technology risk by providing enterprise-wide oversight and governance for technology risk management activities within the Company. Assists with the execution of various risk frameworks across the organization by monitoring and reporting on risk activities and framework compliance for identifying, assessing and reporting on risk related activities. Responsible for effective challenge of the first line in the effective management of its related risks.
- Provides technology risk oversight and effective challenge (create, coordinate, evaluate & assess): policies, standards, processes and procedures.
- Lead collaborative group of IRM team members to provide oversight and effective challenge in execution of key organizational projects (OpEX and Runway)
- Lead cross-functional working group to drive collaboration and problem solving to ensure business and regulatory needs are met.
- Lead annual review process of governance framework (COBIT) to align with changes to framework and control environment.
- Ensures program compliance and executes risk mitigation activities. Leads the effective challenge of risk and mitigation plans.
- Ability to provide effective leadership and subject matter expertise in Technology Risk topics to senior management, technology and business partners
- Ensures adherence to risk management frameworks.
- Utilize available risk management tools to proactively identify potential risk exposures and partner with program offices to address potential weaknesses and/or gaps in a timely manner.
- Provide quality assurance and effective challenge regarding risk reporting including KRIs, incident reporting, committee/sub-committee and executive reporting.
- Monitors and tracks issues and reports.
- Build and maintain collaborative relationships with Technology and Business partners, and peers.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Risk Management, Business, Finance, Engineering, or related field
- 8+ years of experience in Compliance, Internal Audit, Risk Management, Financial Services, Process Improvement, or related field
- In lieu of a degree, 10+ years of experience in Risk Management, Financial Services, Process Improvement, Information Technology, Audit, or related field
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- Master's Degree in IT, Risk Management, Business, Finance, Engineering, or related field
- 10+ years of experience in Compliance, Internal Audit, Risk Management, Financial Services, Process Improvement, or related field, including people management
- In lieu of a degree, 12+ years of experience in Risk Management, Financial Services, Process Improvement, Information Technology, Audit, or related field, including people management
- CRISC, CISA, CISM, CISSP, or similar certification
- Project Management Professional