This position is for an individual with educational and professional experience in the digital hardware design, fabrication, assembly, test, and integration of circuit card assemblies and subsystems with an emphasis on design of boards containing FPGA circuits and digital and analog interfaces. Knowledge of analog design techniques, including operational amplifiers, data converters, and power regulator designs at the circuit card level is also desirable. The designer will interface with printed wire boards (PWB) designers to oversee layout, routing, and manufacturing of designs. The designer will be responsible for test and integration of these designs into the larger systems. Candidates for the position must have strong written and verbal communication skills and have the ability to lead teams to meet program budget and schedule milestones.
- Minimum of 10 years of related engineering experience, including solid experience in digital circuit design and the design, implementation, test, and debugging of digital circuit cards with FPGA’s, ADC’s, and DAC’s that interface with RF components.
- Prior engineering leadership experience as a hardware team lead or integrated product team lead of digital components; Experience in requirement allocation and generation.
- Proficient with hands on troubleshooting and / or debugging of hardware with standard test equipment; experience with high speed interfaces for memories, FPGA’s, and processors.
- Familiarity with circuit card assembly, final assembly, and test manufacturing processes.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team in a dynamic environment while effectively managing scope, communicating risk, managing schedule / budget, and providing status.
- MUST be a U.S. Citizen able to obtain a DoD Secret clearance within one year of start date; Active clearance is preferred.
- Prior IFF product experience
- Experience implementing VHDL
- Earned value management exposure
- Experience interfacing with customers (internal and external)
- Bachelor’s degree in a related STEM discipline (Electrical Engineering preferred)