Under minimal supervision the Senior Performance Test Engineer is responsible for coming up with testing strategies and executing the same for Middleware and Mobile applications that are part of the organization’s architectural landscape.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads requirements and design reviews to identify test scenarios to be executed for Performance/Load Testing.
- Creates test strategy and test scope for projects.
- Demonstrated experience with Jmeter
- Designs the performance scripts using Load Runner protocols such as web (HTTP/html), web services, win socket, Ajax (TruClient), Java Vuser, SAP (GUI) and SAP Web protocols.
- Develops performance testing workload model for CI/CD process using the tools such as Jenkins, Git Hub, and Jira.
- Ensures the creation and execution of Performance Testing and publishes Test results and data, including but not limited to, monitoring data, Application & Server logs.
- Monitors the application, web and database servers using the monitoring tools such as Dynatrace, Cloud Watch, HP Diagnostics, and Site Scope.
- Understands the key performance indicators which includes the resource usage trends such as CPU and memory usage for SAP and JAVA applications (Web and desktop).
- Involves in performance architecture design, performance tuning, performance monitoring, capacity planning, and/or software development in a n-tier environment.
- Involves in establishing the performance planning strategy that outlines the current production workload distribution, performance requirements and test/production environment requirements and performance Optimization results.
- Proactively investigates and resolves technical issues in the Performance Test Environments.
- Creates status reports for completed performance tests.
- Evaluates complex test validity utilizing monitoring and performance testing tools; identifies performance challenges; creates basic events and alerts.
- Assesses impact analysis of application design on performance.
- Leads Performance Test readiness, including Test Environment, Test Data, and Performance Test & Monitoring tools.
- Technical application administrator for performance testing tools.
- Researches and analyzes opportunities in tuning the application infrastructure for optimal performance; works with stakeholders to identify coding improvements and best practices.
- Captures production traffic at regular intervals; updates test scenarios to ensure viability and accuracy.
- Designs appropriately sized environments to generate load against the application under test.
- Identifies SLAs and critical transactions for applications and systems.
- This position requires a minimum of 5 years performance testing / QA / development experience.
- Understanding of SDLC and STLC required.
- Advanced knowledge of web protocols including but not limited to, HTTP, HTTPS, TCP/IP, and DNS required.
- Advanced knowledge of web page composition, including but not limited to, static vs, dynamic elements and browser behavior required.
- Proven experience with Loadrunner / Performance Center / Stormrunner is necessary.
- Advanced user skill with limited administrative background is needed.
- Experience with opensource performance tools preferred, such as jMeter and Selenium required.
- Programming experience with multiple scripting and interpreted languages, including but not limited to, Javas Script, Java, C, SOAP required.
- Proven experience with databases such as, MSSQL, mySQL and DB2 required.
- Proven experience with software review requirements documents, risk analysis and specification documents is necessary.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate across all levels of the organization is necessary; must be able to clearly articulate technical ideas to a non-technical audience both verbally and in writing.
- Proven knowledge of server operating systems, server topologies, server hardware and security is required.
- Knowledge of network components and function is needed
- Proven knowledge of evaluating performance of mobile apps and mobile devices
- Must possess strong organization skills, including the ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects to meet various deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven ability to work independently and in a team is vital.
- Experience collaborating with offshore performance teams preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft office, including skills with Word and Excel are necessary.
- Proven ability to identify complex problems, review information to develop and evaluate options then implement solutions is essential.
- Customer service skills including the ability to manage and respond to different customer situations while maintaining a positive and friendly attitude is essential.
- Maintaining confidentiality, treating others with respect and upholding Company values is key
The above-mentioned duties require at least a bachelor’s degree (or the equivalent) in Information Technology and Management, a field closely and directly related to the nature of the work.
Industry related performance, development and monitoring certifications preferred.
Bachelors Degree is required from a top tier university.