Location: Richardson, TX: Chicago, IL
Job Type: Permanent
This position is responsible for developing, integrating, testing, and maintaining existing and new applications; knowing one or more programming languages; knowing one or more development methodologies / delivery models.
- Analyze the systems and business requirements to develop a systems solution.
- Build new and/or modify existing software to meet business and systems requirements.
- Collaborate with other members across the enterprise.
- Contribute to product feature prioritization and technology roadmaps.
- Provide technical leadership to teammates through coaching and mentorship.
- Design, build and unit test highly scalable applications.
- Provide maintenance support to applications as required supporting incident escalations.
- Identify new technologies, trends, and opportunities.
- Participate in sprint planning, design, coding, unit testing, sprint reviews.
- Provide basic design documents and translates into component-level designs to accelerate development. Design, develop, and distribute reusable technical components.
- Assist in developing of technical documentation; participate in test-plan development, integration and deployment.
- Define & develop project requirements, functional specifications and detailed designs of application solutions for clients.
Required Job Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree and 4 years Information Technology experience OR Technical Certification and/or College Courses and 6 year Information Technology experience OR 8 years Information Technology experience.
- Proficient in object-oriented development and Java Enterprise concepts.
- Experience and familiarity building modern Spring applications with Spring Boot; strong background with Spring and related projects.
- Experience with Pivotal Cloud Foundry and deploy cloud native applications to PCF.
- Unit testing frameworks using jUnit and Mockito.
- Employs agile development practices and mindset for design, architecture, coding, testing, managing source code, continuous delivery practices and quality reviews.
- Participates in sprint planning; provides work estimates to deliver product stories; owns development stories.
- DevOps, Continuous Delivery process refinement and tool sets such as Jenkins and Urban Code, monitoring tools such as Splunk, etc.
- Implements software solutions and resolve problems that decrease time to market, enhance flexibility and embrace the solution provider mindset.
- Experience with open source tools and technologies.
- Travel availability up to 20%.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology.
- Certifications in one of the Oracle’s Java certification paths.
- 1+ years of experience with PCF, AWS, GCP, Microsoft Azure, or another cloud service.
- 2+ years of experience in Agile practices.