TITLE: Sr. Operations Center Engineer
LOCATION: Jacksonville, FL / Remote
The Sr. Operations Center Engineer reports to the Manager of Operations Center in which the position works independently, requiring minimal direction and follow-up. The position is a developer for the company's real time platform and supporting applications. The individual is responsible for identifying issues, opportunities of improvement, and providing support to maintain the production environment. The individual will support other areas of the organization and system when the expertise and knowledge can be utilized efficiently. The main focus is to ensure system stability, performance, and achieve the highest level of customer satisfaction while increasing revenue where possible along with decreasing cost. The Sr., Operations Center Engineer will also be required to carry out other duties, projects, or activities as specified by their management.
- 5+ years of operations experience troubleshooting large-scale, high-availability distributed systems.
- Experience leading and participating in technical project and process management activities.
- Expert hands-on knowledge of UNIX/Linux and scripting, with the ability to implement solid script-based and batch/scheduled job solutions for automation and efficiency.
- SQL/Oracle functional proficiency.
- Expert knowledge of platform observability and user experience monitoring (Splunk, New Relic)
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related industry or 3 years of technology experience would be considered in lieu of a degree
- Healthcare EDI/ANSI/X12 industry knowledge is a plus.
- AWS certification is a plus.
- Collaborating with senior technical teams to establish a cohesive strategy and implementation around platform observability via Splunk and New Relic in the legacy and next gen [AWS] platforms.
- Creating and refining existing alert criteria and thresholds and response playbooks to ensure comprehensive instrumentation across the product portfolio.
- Monitoring system health and performance and responding to urgent alerts and exceptions.
- Investigating system failures and processing anomalies and incident management response.
- Creative problem solving; investigating the root cause of technology and procedural failures and creating innovative solutions and preventative actions.
- Research! The company has a large/enterprise healthcare processing platform with many technologies to become familiar/expert level in understanding and supporting
- Expect the unexpected, be prepared to multi-task to stay in front of the workflow!
Apply with MATRIX today!