Our Chicagoland client is looking for a Sr. Network Operations Engineer.
This role is focused ensuring that the company’s global network infrastructure is meeting all operational performance and reliability targets. The role is responsible for all operational activities related to our cloud or on premise network infrastructure, engaging with partners and vendor demands and assisting the architecture and engineering team with delivery of new technology as required.
The Senior Network Operations Engineer will work collaboratively across multiple IT functions, employees and vendors to ensure that IT operations for cloud and on premise global network infrastructures are reliable and scalable. Planning and implementing programs to enable global network infrastructures to operate effectively and scale reliably. Operational excellence and continuous improvement activities for Global Network Operations through IT Services Management process and procedures.
Position responsibilities may include, but not limited to:
- Provide operational support of the global IP LAN/WAN IP infrastructures including routing, switching, wireless, network security, telecommunications circuits and load balancing supporting 170+ global locations and 3 major contact centers
- Responsible for troubleshooting and processing operational tickets received from Tier 1 and Tier 2 support personnel as well as escalated incidents that are received from other sources
- Participates in the current and future ITSM processes including but not limited to incident, problem, and change control processes
- Recognize, identify and prioritize incidents in accordance with customer business requirements, organizational policies and operational impact
- Categorize issues for escalation and assign to appropriate technical teams where required
- Act as escalation point for our managed service provider to review and resolve technical issues
- Provide technical leadership and maintain accountability till issues are resolved to the business satisfaction
- Participates in an on call rotation to provide operational support off hours and as required
- Perform basic systems testing and operational tasks (installation of patches, network connectivity testing, script execution, etc.)
- Enable and drive continuous improvement through the IT Service Center and Managed Service partners
- Collect and review performance reports from various systems to identify issues, trends or develop recommendations to improve operational performance
- Perform capacity planning, trend analysis and resource utilization reporting to manage and improve application and infrastructure operations
- Work with internal and external technical and service teams to create and/or update knowledge base articles and runbooks to provide improved operational support
- Develop and oversee the adherence to maintenance and performance standards
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Any other duties as assigned
- This position must pass a post-offer background and drug test
Required skills and experience:
- BA or BS Degree or equivalent on-the-job IT technical experience
- Cisco Certification – CCNP
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience providing operational support for Cisco networking technologies and infrastructures
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience with Cisco networking technologies, concepts, products as well as other industry network standards and protocols
- Demonstrated experience with LAN/WAN technologies and QOS design and implementation.
- Demonstrated experience with driving continuous operational process and service improvements