Are you a Senior Network Engineer? Do you consider yourself an expert with routers, SDWAN, Firewalls and cloud infrastructure? Does the statement we build networks and we build relationships get you excited? Are you extremely collaborative and enjoy working with your teammates to impact positive change? Are you looking for your next long term career opportunity? This position may be for you!!!
Title: Sr. Network Engineer
As a Senior Network Engineer, you will focus on maintaining, improving, and optimizing the network infrastructure at the client. You will be responsible for the planning, design, implementation, and management of critical network systems across all facilities nationwide. Work is performed under the general supervision of the Network Manager. You will provide project leadership and supervision to professional and technical personnel in other departments during project assignments. It is your responsibility to identify, recommend, and implement various processes and technology improvements that maintains and improves KeHE’s overall network to be scalable, reliable, and secure.
The Skills and Experience that will Make You Successful
- Proactively monitor and report on network performance and availability
- Troubleshoot and resolve network related issues as they arise.
- Identify root cause analysis and implement remediation plans to prevent issues from occurring in the future.
- Design, implement and maintain network connectivity for all new locations.
- Ensure network diagrams are up to date and accurate.
- Responsible for ensuring all network devices are up to date on latest and stable releases.
- Mentor Network Engineers to encourage teamwork and professional growth.
- Improve efficiencies through automation of manual processes.
- 3rd party vendor management (low voltage, ISP carriers, etc.)
- Keep current on relevant technologies.
- Assist in managing operational budget.
- Participate in rotation of after hours on call support.
Minimum Requirements, Qualifications, Additional Skills, Aptitude:
- Minimum 5 years in enterprise network engineering and support in a distributed / multi-location environment.
- Expert knowledge in at least two of the following areas:
- Routing Protocols (BGP / EIGRP) - Cisco Switch and Routing Configuration (IOS, IOS XE, NX-OS)
- Velo Cloud SD-WAN– Configuration of Velo Edge device (VCE) and Velo Cloud Orchestrator (VCO)
- Palo Alto Firewall – Configuration through Panorama and use of Templates and Device Groups, High Availability, and App-ID
- Wireless Infrastructure (Cisco / Meraki) - should have some knowledge
- Advanced Industry Certifications (Cisco, Palo Alto, Meraki, CCIE) - need to have some basic certifications (at least one)
- Experience with packet capture and analysis tools
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team under tight deadlines with little or no guidance and/or oversight from a manager.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills a must
- Critical Thinking
- Experience with AWS
- Transit Gateway
- VPC Routing
- Experience with Palo Alto Prisma Access (formerly Global Protect Cloud Services)
- Experience with Riverbed WAN Optimization
- Riverbed Cascade Netflow Monitoring
- Advanced knowledge and experience with QoS across Enterprise networks, VoIP, and high-availability network environments
- Experience in 24/7 distribution center environment
- Experience with AWS