We are looking for 4 Sr. Network Engineers to join our team for a long-term contract opportunity. You will be responsible for planning, designing and delivering network solutions around Cisco's Data Center technologies and integrating them into overall data center architecture and design. You will be responsible for designing, testing, implementing, and supporting network infrastructure. You will provide consultation and direct technical support in life cycle planning, problem management, integration, and network configuration. Additional responsibilities as follows:
- Responsible for project planning and designing network infrastructure solutions to meet business requirements. This includes documenting current and future requirements, planning analysis, project design, cost, and level of effort estimation for project implementation.
- Develops and leverages vendor relationships to deliver network products and services.
- Ensures network performance and reliability meet enterprise objectives for timely service restoration and tuning.
- Works with the Enterprise Architecture Team to develop and define network architecture which incorporates standards, practices, processes, and products for the enterprise.
- Travel may be required approximately 10% of the time.
You should have the following skills:
- Deep technical expertise and expert knowledge of Cisco's Enterprise Data Center products and solutions.
- 5-7 years experience in a senior network engineer/architect role within a data center environment
- Experience with Cisco ACI architecture and products
- Advanced knowledge in Data Center architecture
- Familiarity with SDN & SDDC technologies and their applications
- Understanding of distributed virtual switches
- Experience with Legacy Cisco 6500 series switches
- Experience with L4-7 services integration in a data center environment (Palo Alto and F5 are a strong plus)
- Experience with Cisco Nexus platforms, VMWare, and server virtualization
- Experience with Nexus 9K and VXLAN
- Understand datacenter networking fabric topologies and common architectures deployed, both Layer 2 and Layer 3 based
- Familiarity or experience with architecting and operating micro-segmented environments
- Strong Routing & Switching skills
- College degree in a related field preferred
- Cisco & AWS certifications are a plus
- Experience in the transportation industry is a plus
Apply to MATRIX today!