Our client- a leading business process outsourcer with over 100 locations globally, is in search of a Sr. Network Engineer- backbone to add to their growing team.
Details: 100% remote, can work anywhere in the US- will work EST schedule.
6 month contract to hire- Base salary range $140-150k upon conversion.
MPLS “label switching”, and SME on BGP, VRFs, VPNV4, route reflectors, OSPF, EIGRP, DCI is required.
MAJOR DUTIES / KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
Also seeking candidates ACI experience.
Perfer Service Provider or very large enterprise experience.
Experience with cloud connectivity over private links like Azure ExpressRoute, Verizon SCI (Secure Cloud Interconnect) or AWS Gateways.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Configure, and install various network devices and services, from routing, switching, and firewalls, which may require you to analyze anticipated bandwidth consumption for new clients, Properly set the scope and timelines of new projects to meet completion deadlines, which may be medium to large scale complex projects affecting the entire network. Demonstrate the ability to prioritize and manage competing demands and tasks and successfully manage multiple engagements that may require additional resources. Work within established configuration and change management (ITIL) policies to ensure awareness, approval, and success of changes made to the network infrastructure, including having experience vetting updates. Able to implement PCI and High Compliance Zones. Perform advanced network engineering level functions in support of a multi-site enterprise environment.
- Perform network maintenance and system upgrades ranging from patches/hot fixes to major network operating system updates. Plan system resource utilization, trending, and capacity planning to ensure system availability and reliability. Implement security tools, policies, and procedures in conjunction with the company’s security team.
- Provide support and troubleshooting to resolve issues. Take a lead position to liaise with vendors, other IT personnel, or Incident Management for problem resolution. Interface with all levels of employees internally and within client businesses to support program requirements (business owners, project managers, customer employees and customers’ executive management). Provide lead technical guidance to other IT professionals to correct problems encountered with network software and connectivity. Identify and implement work efficiencies through process improvement techniques.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Administration and maintenance of LAN/ WAN systems as directed by IT Management. Advanced familiarity with Cisco, Juniper, and Fortinet routing, switching, firewall equipment. Setup company sites for accessibility to software applications and customers.
- Management and reporting of circuit utilization with ongoing recommendations for optimal efficiency. Provide pro-active guidance, mentorship, leadership example, and recommendations to junior team members. Provide support in design, configuration, management and implementation of computer/network architectures/environments, including LAN, WAN, VOIP connectivity.
- Identification and resolution of hardware and software technical problems and malfunctions related to LANs/WANs environments. Make decisions that are critical in the areas of throughput analysis, problem solving, and infrastructure planning with potential to affect the successful execution of business transactions. Proactively researching and locating necessary tools and processes to identify troublesome trends as they develop.
- High School Diploma or GED – Required
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience. / Business Administration or related field - Required
- Licenses or certifications: Cisco CCIE/CCDA/CCNP – Preferred