Terrific Contract Opportunity!
Position: Sr. Network Engineer
Location: Tidewater, VA 22572
Term: 7 Months
- Design and deploy functional wired/wireless campus networks (LAN, WLAN, WAN).
- Select, install and maintain the hardware and software necessary to operate the campus network infrastructure and provide related network services.
- Monitor network performance and integrity.
- Resolve issues escalated from lower tiers by troubleshooting cloud and local infrastructure.
- Automate tasks and monitor their effectiveness.
- Provide leadership to team members.
- Create, oversee and test security measures (e.g. access authentication and disaster recovery).
- Communicate with users when needed.
- Maintain complete technical documentation.
- Suggest improvements to network performance, capacity and scalability.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field or equivalent combination of education, experience and training
- 5+ years of experience and demonstrated skills building, configuring, deploying and maintaining network hardware and software.
- 7+ years of extensive experience in customer support, including problem definition and resolution for both network hardware and software.
- 5+ years of extensive experience with Cisco router and switches and Aruba wireless technologies.
- 3+ years of experience with network diagnostic, monitoring and analysis tools (e.g. SolarWinds network tools).
- 5+ years of strong knowledge and experience configuring DNS and DHCP.
- In-depth understanding of communication protocols (mainly TCP/IP) and routing protocols (e.g. BGP, OSPF).
- Extensive experience administering campus/organization LAN/WAN environment, including wireless access points.
- Extensive hands-on network troubleshooting experience.
- Extensive network design, installation and maintenance experience.
- Ability to work independently.
Even better if you have:
- 10 years’ experience administering Cisco and Aruba campus/organization LAN/WAN environment.
- Experience with access control models and network security.
- Expert technical knowledge of current network technologies, protocols and industry best practices.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct research related to networking issues and products as required.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills and demonstrated ability to present technical information in a user-friendly manner.
- Solid background in network administration and architecture.
- Solid understanding of network operating systems (JUNOS, Cisco IOS, Dell OS10).
- Industry certifications such as CCNA, CCNP or CCIE.
If this sounds like the perfect fit, apply today!