Under minimal supervision, the Senior Network Engineer leads the set-up, configuration, modification and support of the network infrastructure.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure maintenance and implementation of network disaster recovery architecture and operations.
- Develop and maintain multiple complex systems, applications, security and network configurations.
- Perform complex network administration, including, but not limited to, software updates, patches and configuration.
- Install, configure, support and maintain multiple complex network service devices, cloud environments, telecommunications and LAN/WAN/WLAN/SDWan hardware and software.
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex network service devices; network security devices; and telecommunications services; cloud environments; recommends solutions to mitigate future issues
- Lead complex projects within networking group.
- Research, make recommendations and lead solutions that are in line with procedures for increased infrastructure performance.
- Mentor and train Network Administrator, I and II's.
- Develop and recommend tools and procedures for increased Infrastructure performance; lead implementation of solutions.
- Assist employees, vendors or other customers by answering questions related to procedures and services.
- Stay current on the latest industry technologies, trends and strategies.
- This position requires 7 years of network infrastructure experience.
- Advanced knowledge of one or more of the following systems: network operating systems, WLAN, Cloud environment, network topologies, network hardware, computer operating systems, routing, switching, data privacy, security and telecommunication systems is necessary
- Advanced knowledge of network services availability, performance, and security required
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, including skills with Word, Excel and Visio are necessary
- Proven analytical skills are required and the ability to lead teams/projects. Proven ability to motivate self and others is necessary
- Advanced understanding of multiple networking tools such as Nmap, Sam Spade, NetScanTools Pro, SuperScan, NetCat, Ethereal, EtterCap, Snort, WinDump / TCPDump, DSniff, Fport, PsTools, Tlist, Tasklist, and Process Killer, Solarwinds Engineering Toolset is needed.
Bachelors degree from a top tier university.
Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) is required