Work with the brightest minds at one of the largest financial institutions in the world. This is long-term contract opportunity that includes a competitive benefit package!
Our client has been around for over 150 years and is continuously innovating in today's digital age. If you want to work for a company that is not only a household name, but also truly cares about satisfying customers' financial needs and helping people succeed financially, apply today.
Position: Sr Microstrategy Developer
Location: Summit, NJ
Term: 12 months
- 90% development, 10% meetings
- Work closely with Data Modelers to structure data requirements into a data warehouse model for reporting and analytics
- Work with Business Stakeholders to build semantic objects to meet desired output
- Build, maintain and govern the MicroStrategy semantic reporting layer to ensure data consistency and single version of the truth
- Complete Unit Testing to ensure low probability of defects and that data matches with backend systems
- Ensure reporting solutions are highly usable, scalable, and maintainable
- Understand the impacts of reporting/semantic layer performance factors and collaborate with the Data Architect to implement mitigating physical modeling solutions
- Perform code and design reviews to ensure performance, maintainability, and standards
- Work with the Data Architect to define data security roles, groups and policies
- Responsible for enforcing MicroStrategy design standards, reusable objects, tools, best practices, and related development methodologies for the organization
- Partnering with Business Stakeholders and developers to ensure deliverables meet business expectations
- Suggest solutions for development or process improvement
- Tuning of dataset design for optimal performance
- Develop, execute, and troubleshooting of complex report SQL
- Must be comfortable working on multiple, complex issues and projects
- Design and building of MicroStrategy Semantic layer and objects such as Attributes, Facts, Metrics, Filters, and Prompts
- Regarded across the enterprise as an expert in multiple identified areas of expertise with responsibility for developing standards and enterprise-wide best practices and for engineering complex, largescale technology solutions to address highly complex and cross-organizational issues.
- Design, code, test, debug and document programs using Agile development practices.
- Maintains broad knowledge of other technology engineering disciplines and collaborating with other key experts to ensure we are making the right technology choices for the client.
- Translates advanced technology experience, an in-depth knowledge of the organizations tactical and strategic business objectives, the enterprise technological environment, the organization structure, and strategic technological opportunities and requirements into technical engineering solutions.
- Expert resource for architects in the development of target architectures to ensure that they can be properly designed and implemented through sound engineering practices.
- Maintains knowledge of industry best practices and new technologies and recommends innovations that enhance operations and/or provide a competitive advantage to the organization.
- Provides expert counsel to senior technology leadership and advises and mentors others with the goal of knowledge transfer.
- Will represent the client to external industry groups, influencing industry standards.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- 8+ years of MicroStrategy experience
- 8+ years of business intelligence experience
- 8+ years of SQL experience
- 6+ years of experience with end-to-end design and delivery of data warehouse applications
- 6+ years of experience delivering Business Intelligence (BI), analytics and reporting using API Services architecture
- 6+ years of reporting experience, analytics experience or a combination of both
- 5+ years of experience designing and building MicroStrategy Schema layer Objects (Attributes, Facts, Hierarchies, Transformations and Logical tables)
- 3+ years of MS SQL server experience
- 3+ years of Agile experience
- This is not a report developer or an administrator. This resource needs to have a strong understanding/proven experience of the semantic layer and public object design and creation to support business reporting development.
- 7+ years of software engineering experience
- Previous banking experience specifically within enterprise risk data
- An industry-standard technology certification
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills