Terrific Contract Opportunity!
Position: Senior Manager Health, Safety, and Environment
Location: Mountain View, California 94043
Term: 6 months (2/20/2021 to 8/31/2021)
- This position will be fully responsible for the implementation, maintenance and continual improvement of proactive Health, Safety and Environment programs for an account with operations in the United States and Canada. Client programs are managed by a Client leader located in Canada that will report to the Senior Manager.
- This position will plan, develop and implement Client procedures, including all safety and health-related aspects of the workplace and working activities, such as auditing, inspections, mentoring, coaching, fall protection, hazard communication, electrical safety, construction safety, equipment safety, incident investigation, training, driver care, workers compensation and ergonomics.
- Ability to solve advanced problems and deal with a variety of options in complex situations.
- Requires expert level analytical and quantitative skills with proven experience in developing strategic solutions for a growing matrix-based environment.
- Draws upon the analysis of others and makes recommendations that have a direct impact on the account.
- Specific to the healthcare environment, this position will manage
- Joint Commission related activities and responsibilities, including Infection
- Control Risk Assessments, and Acute and Ambulatory Care environments, and potentially hazardous waste (bio and medical) issues.
- This position will work closely with the Alliance Director to develop an incident free work place, and provide direction to the Account Leadership Team.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering, Industrial Safety, Environmental Sciences or related field with 15+ years professional level HSE program management experience.
- 3-5 years experience w these programs is minimum expectations
- Must have thorough knowledge of Federal, State, and Local HSE laws and regulations.
- Possess high degree of competency influencing in a matrix environment.
- Strong background in regulatory/compliance related environments and activities (e.g, OSHA, Joint Commission).
- Experience assessing and promoting or sustaining a zero incident HSE culture.
- Strong change management skills, to support delivery of HSE services using organic/operational deployment model.
- Possess an understanding of enterprise HSE delivery models, capable of translating strategic plans in Account tactical action plan(s).
- Highly self-motivated with strong passion and sense of urgency.
- Must be effective in a matrix environment, with strong influencing skills.
- Experience creating goodwill and promoting accountability across the value chain, with experience encouraging others to action.
- Knowledge of management systems and process improvement techniques (e.g., six sigma) a plus.
- Comfortable in leading meetings, strong presentation skills and well versed in effective employee training. May include training at client sites.
- Must have strong problem-solving skills, detail oriented; self-directed, extremely organized with outstanding administrative abilities.
- Experience in analyzing maintenance and facilities implementation processes to identify both hazards and controls.
- Excellent verbal, written communication, problem-solving and report writing skills.
- Must demonstrate strong computer/administrative skills: MS Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Must be an educator with a bias for action capable of working in a dynamic environment.
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP)
- Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH)
- Certified Hazardous Material Manager (CHMM)
- Occupational Health and Safety Technician (OHST) - Preferred