Terrific Long-Term Contract Opportunity with a FULL suite of benefits!
Position: Sr. LAN Support Technician
Location: Hartford, CT
- Assist in supporting the Agency’s technology by functioning as a single point of contact for end-users by providing desktop support to local and remote locations in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Maintaining, installing, diagnosing, repairing, and upgrading PC, laptop, tablets, printers, MFDs equipment, and computing peripherals.
- Communicate and present technical information to both IT staff and Business Users in an understandable and concise format and will be responsible for creating and validating standard operating procedures (SOPs)
- Coordinate hardware repairs with the appropriate vendors to ensure timely product delivery and proper functioning of new equipment and services
- Create user accounts and manage access control based on agency policies
- Utilize the agency’s BMC ticketing system to create, track, review, and escalate service requests
- Maintain an inventory of installed software, hardware assets and manage software licensing to ensure accurate licensing is adhered to
- Provide support on a variety of computer hardware and software issues by identifying researching, and resolving technical problems.
- 6-8 yrs exp Full-time professional work experience in maintaining and supporting Local Area Networks (LAN) including: troubleshooting and repair of hardware, computer systems and peripherals, workstation software, and maintaining user accounts.
- Substitutions: Accredited college training may substitute for the required work experience, with a maximum substitution of four (4) years. (Fifteen (15) semester hours in Information Technology or a related area is required.) Accredited graduate training in the above area may substitute for the required work experience, with a maximum substitution of one (1) year. Successful completion of an Information Technology Certification program, may substitute for the required work experience with a maximum substitution of two (2) years. (Proof of certification must accompany application.) One (1) year of work experience as a Network Engineer-Associate ; LAN Administrator-Associate ; Help Desk Coordinator-Senior ; Systems Administrator-Associate may substitute for all of the required experience.
- Must be able to excel in a rapidly changing environment and is service-oriented and proactive in anticipating and resolving desktop support issues while maximizing efficient use of computing resources.
- Ability to provide feedback and input to the IT department for forecasting and benchmarking desktop computing resources and have excellent communication skills.
- Experience with a variety of desktop hardware, printers and peripherals.
- Experience in a variety of Windows operating system environments (Windows 7, Windows 10, MS Server 2012, 2008, 2016 ) and ability to capture desktop images and utilize diagnostic tools to ensure desktop environments are functioning optimally.
- Experience and working knowledge in using and supporting Microsoft productivity software (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Access, Outlook, 2007-2016, O365, Sharepoint).
- Experience with BMC ticketing system or other ticketing applications.
- Additionally, candidates should be familiar with modern host and client based productivity and collaboration tools such as Slack, Google Docs, GoTo Meeting, Webex, etc and should be able to assist end users with basic connectivity and access and to triage emerging support issues and escalate.
- Experience in scripting with PowerShell, Document Workflow Process and Salesforce Administration.
Apply to MATRIX today!