Sr. Kafka Engineer
San Mateo, CA
We are looking for a Senior Resource with experience in Kafka to help setup new Kafka Cluster by installing necessary Kafka components, run performance test, setup security, and setup monitoring.
We are looking for someone who has:
- Experience with Kafka in a high-throughput production environment.
- Install and maintain standard Kafka components: Control Center, ZooKeeper, and Brokers.
- A solid understanding of best practices for software development including testing, monitoring, and design.
- Desire to go beyond the functional solution to build maintainable and well-tested code.
- A desire to partner closely with product managers to refine the product.
- Ability to articulate and champion design strategies related to scalability, maintainability, performance, security and usability.
- Hands-on expertise on setting up SSL, certificate/key management.
- Experience with installing, patching, upgrading, administering, scripting and maintaining/Troubleshooting Kafka clustered environments.
- Good knowledge of data processing using cloud infra is a must.
- Running Kafka in AWS experience on ECS is a plus.
- Working knowledge of Linux/Unix.
- Understanding of network technologies.
- Knowledge of the principles of distributed systems technology, fault tolerance and high availability.
- Strong understanding of Kafka security.
- Authentication and Authorization - Data encryption - SSL/TLS keystores and truststores.
- Authentication and Authorization troubleshooting - Access Control Lists (ACLs) - Kafka Connect - Business Continuity / DR - Data retention.
- Experience in automating the Kafka deployments through CloudFormation/Terraform is a huge plus.