Qualifications / Experience Requirements
- Minimum 15+ years of software industry and integration solutions development experience.
- Minimum 6+ years of experience in development and support of stream processing solutions in Hadoop technologies
- Expert level knowledge of Kafka and related technologies (Hive, Hadoop, Spark, Storm, Nifi, Zookeeper, Ambary, Ranger)
- Strong Knowledge of SOAP, REST, JMS architecture Concepts and PUB/SUB Pattern
- Strong knowledge of web services security
- Solid knowledge of Java SE, Java EE, XML, XML Schema, XSD, XSLT/XPath and JSON technologies
- Experience with CA API Gateway and/or IBM WebSphere MQ and/or Software AG WebMethods Integration Server is preferred.
- Experience in building and deploying MicroServices on containers such as Docker, Kubernetes etc.
- Experience documenting and communicating integration designs aligned to business requirements
- Experience designing queries and working with standard object/relational databases such as Oracle, MS SQL and NoSQL such as Cassandra and Hive
- Experience in DevOps tools like Jenkins
- Experience with source code-controlled environments like GIT or SVN
- Experience with Source control/Bug Tracking/Automated Build tools Jira, Jenkins and SVN
- Experience in the financial services industry preferred
- Strong sense of ownership and passion for developing simple solutions for complex problems
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Science Engineering, or related field
In this important role you will:
- Provide expertise and hands on experience working with Kafka brokers and Kafka connectors
- Create topics, setup redundancy cluster, deploy monitoring tools, alerts and has good knowledge of best practices.
- Work closely with EA and cross-functional technical resources to devise and recommend solutions based on the understood requirements
- Work closely with Platform Engineering team to analyze complex distributed production deployments, and make recommendations to optimize performance
- Provide input for capacity planning and sizing of streaming environment (Kafka/Nifi)
- Implement application development lifecycle management using industry standard frameworks
- Write and produce technical documentation, knowledgebase articles
- Work with Production Support to assist with troubleshooting service stability, message topic or delivery issues, perform data related benchmarking, performance analysis and tuning.
- Perform design & code reviews