Take your career in an upward direction with a long-term contract at a world-famous and innovative bank.
Position: Sr. Java Middleware Developer
Location: Jersey City, NJ or Bloomfield, NJ
Term: 6+ month contract
As a Sr Java Middleware Developer you will collaborate with the team in an Agile setting to research best practices, design the application architecture, implement solutions, mentor fellow team members, and test and deploy the solutions. The team will be cross functional with full stack developers, QA engineers, and BAs collaborating to deliver best in class solutions. The team is also focused on building reusable libraries and components that can be shared with the wider organization. We are looking for experienced full stack developers who are who are passionate about developing technical solutions, demonstrating engineering excellence, and collaborating in a team environment.
- Work closely with users, stakeholders, business analysts and product managers to understand problem statement, functional and non-functional requirements.
- Partner with technology and business teams to design and implement solutions that conform to Citi standards, deliver optimized client experience and competitive advantage while utilizing best-of-breed technology.
- Design, develop and test resilient, stateless, scalable, and reusable services and APIs utilizing latest frameworks and libraries while adhering to development standards.
- Develop reusable software components in a microservices cloud-native architecture.
- Develop high-performing Angular screens utilizing latest in-house frameworks and libraries with an emphasis on design patterns, reusability, code quality and secure coding practices.
- Participate in daily Scrum ceremonies and conduct sprint demo for stakeholders.
- Implement automated build, test and deployment pipelines utilizing latest DevOps tools.
- Partner with QA engineers to develop test cases and support teams to formally hand over software released to production
- Proactively create and manage relevant application documentation using Confluence, JIRA, and SharePoint.
- Mentor/coach junior team members, establish standards, share best practices, and challenge status quo.
- Collaborate with other development teams to build reusable, shared libraries, and components.
- Strong technical background, experience with Software Development Lifecycle and experience managing stakeholders in a global and dynamic environment.
- Experience designing and developing cloud native applications with a microservices architecture running on Docker/OpenShift/Kubernetes platform
- 10+ years of experience in application development using Java, SQL and at least one messaging platform (MQ/ TIBCO/ Kafka/ Solace)
- Experience working with MQ, Tibco, Apache Kafka or Solace messaging software and any RDBMS
- Experience in API development & application security best practices (Oauth, TLS, PKI etc.)
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum work environment and mentoring/coaching junior developers
- Demonstrated technical leadership skills with a passion to explore emerging technologies
- Experience in the financial services domain, preferably in Trade Processing or Middle Office applications.
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Computer Science/ Information Technology
Desirable Skills, Experience and Competencies
- Distributed Cache (Redis, Gemfire, etc) experience
- Experience developing in Python and any familiarity with AI/ML/ NLP
- Understanding of Listed Derivatives, particularly futures contracts, and clearing workflow
- Familiarity with FIX protocol and prior experience developing a low latency, high volume application.
About our client
Our client stands as one of the worlds most global banks, a world-famous, trusted brand with over 200 years of continuously evolving financial services. Its teams provide unique insights to more than 200 million clients and enable progress all over the world. While growing your career, you will work alongside some of the smartest minds in the industry who are excited to share their knowledge and to learn from you.