Work with the brightest minds at one of the largest financial institutions in the world. This is long-term contract opportunity that includes a competitive benefit package!
Our client has been around for over 150 years and is continuously innovating in today's digital age. If you want to work for a company that is not only a household name, but also truly cares about satisfying customers' financial needs and helping people succeed financially, apply today.
Position: Sr Java Developer
Location: New York, NY
Term: 11 months
- End to end ownership of assigned project or task related to RMBS regulatory deliverables
- Lead or be part of an Agile team to deliver RMBS regulatory solutions
- Engaging with multiple stakeholders including technology partners, business partners (Market risk, front office, Quant teams), technology and business project management teams among others to enable delivery of RMBS regulatory projects
- Responsible for adding technology items to the overall project plan, providing updates and escalating items as needed
- Building relationships and maintaining constant productive communication with the client's Securities LOB.
- Contributing to the short and long term vision for the RMBS team and the org as a whole.
- Lead complex initiatives on selected domains.
- Ensure systems are monitored to increase operational efficiency and managed to mitigate risk.
- Define opportunities to maximize resource utilization and improve processes while reducing cost.
- Lead, design, develop, test and implement applications and system components, tools and utilities, models, simulation, and analytics to manage complex business functions using sophisticated technologies.
- Resolve coding, testing and escalated platform issues of a technically challenging nature.
- Lead team to ensure compliance and risk management requirements for supported area are met and work with other stakeholders to implement key risk initiatives.
- Mentor less experienced software engineers.
- Collaborate and influence all levels of professionals including managers. Lead team to achieve objectives.
- Partner with production support and platform engineering teams effectively.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- 7+ years - Java Development
- 4+ years - Capital Markets (preferably structured products)
- 2+ years - Distributed grid computing
- 2+ years - Spring boot
- SQL experience
- 5+ years of Specialty Software Engineering experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education.
- 1+ years - Python
- GitHub / DevOps
- Oracle Coherence Caches
- Oracle DB
- Distributed computing - IBM Symphony preferable
- PolyPaths, Intex, BBG
- RMBS model stack, pricing, PnL