***Only candidates that can work directly on W2 without sponsorship need apply.***
Our healthcare based client is looking for a senior PM resource with a Bachelor's degree and Agile experience to join their team. Experience with risks and budgets, defining requirements, influencing change, and mentoring other team members is required. A background in full scale project plans and the tracking of project milestones and deliverables is a must. In this role you will need to take the initiative, be self-motivated and work with the application development team. Additional responsibilities include:
- Leads the project team to utilize appropriate project management tools and processes; ensures project management best practices are utilized and key learnings are captured.
- Ensures compliance with documented IT processes and enhances customer satisfaction.
- May manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Leads other Project Managers (PMs) working on the same project.
- Works with project owners, project teams and executive decision-makers on program/project related issues.
- Understands business processes and serves as an IT functional subject matter expert (SME).
- Works as second or assistant PM on larger projects or programs.
- Supports Project Managers with project plans, documentation, meetings, status reports, and other activities.
- May provide support to one or more Project Management Office (PMO) functions.
- Stays current on project management techniques, technology trends, industry trends and corporate initiatives.
- Manages risks and issues, which includes identification, tracking and management.
- Mentors, educates and trains project team members and fellow PMs on project management best practices.
Summary of Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Management Information Systems (MIS), Computer Science (CS), or related technical field degree
- Project Management Institute (PMI) Project Management Professional (PMP) certification; or obtain a PMP within one year of hiring
- 6 years of Information Technology (IT) experience with at least 4 years being IT project management experience working in a structured project environment
- Knowledge of information technology applications, processes, software and hardware
- Experience in software engineering or IT Infrastructure
- Excellent knowledge and competence in project management methodologies
- Experience using MS Project, MS Office or similar applications
- Experience leading and working independently as an IT Project Manager on large scale corporate projects or initiatives
- Experience with project management (PM) or Project Portfolio Management (PPM) tools, along with PM techniques and methodologies
- Experience with project planning, scheduling, tracking and reporting
- Experience with project risk and issue management
- Experience with change management and process improvement
- Experience educating, training and mentoring project teams
- Experience as an Information Technology (IT) functional subject matter expert (SME)
- Solid communication and relationship building skills
- Hands-on coding experience preferred
This permanent position comes with a full suite of benefits including a bonus. The dress code is on the dressy side of business casual, the work environment is a cubicle and parking is free.