TITLE: Sr. Instructional Designer
TERM: 6 - 8 Months
The Senior Instructional Designer/Developer will provide a complex range of eLearning instructional design and development solutions. This is a position for a highly skilled eLearning developer who will be designing and developing new courses, as well as modifying existing ones, using Articulate Storyline 360, Adobe Captivate and/or Camtasia. Incumbents in this position are required to have thorough knowledge and understanding of the principles of eLearning and graphic design development to perform highly complex duties in instructional design.
- Design and develop engaging and innovative e-learning courses using Articulate Storyline 360 and/or Adobe Captivate software, possibly Camtasia when necessary.
- Develop storyboards and scripts for e-learning and manage review and approval process by SMEs and stakeholders.
- Maintain e-learning course content using selected elearning software.
- Ensure all e-learning course content is SCORM compliant.
- Integrate emerging instructional methods and technologies into e-learning.
- Produce, edit, and otherwise prepare audio scripts for voice talent.
- Use multimedia tools to produce and edit audio/visual elements for each course.
- Partner with LMS administrator to upload and test e-learning content prior to rollout.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Highly skilled in Articulate Storyline 360 in creating layers, triggers, synchronizing audio, creating animations, etc.
- Strong understanding of how elearning courses best serve adult learners.
- Advanced graphic design knowledge and skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively in visual, verbal, and written form.
- Ability to work effectively in Team settings and engage in collaborative outcomes.
- Proficiency in Microsoft products: Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
- Independent and motivated to handle multiple complex projects and effectively adhere to deadlines and project plans.
- BA/BS degree in Educational Technology or Education OR 4 years relevant experience OR a combination of college education and relevant experience equivalent to 4 year
- 4 or more years’ experience of instructional design and e-learning course development in a corporate or institutional environment. (must provide samples)
- Property and casualty insurance experience
- Training evaluation and data analysis experience.
- 6 or more years’ experience of instructional design and course development in a corporate or institutional environment
- Excellent consulting and project management skills
- Outstanding writing, editing, critical reasoning, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Experience in creating and managing simultaneous projects from inception to completion
Apply to MATRIX today!