Location: Richardson, TX; Chicago, IL
Job type: Permanent
This position is responsible for launching new Infrastructure products for their assigned products, assisting in developing preliminary product business case(s) aligned to required business capabilities, long-term architecture direction, & customer demand. Occasionally supports 24x7 Operations infrastructure services.; As part of the engineering team member, in addition to building the Infrastructure products, this job requires handling the use of analytics to improve service, availability, and customer interactions; addressing incident resolution and issues escalated by customers/vendors; transitioning knowledge from design/build teams to operations team members.
In this role, you will take on responsibilities such as:
- Analyze logs from new applications and work on on-boarding.
- Participate in engineering design sessions to understand dependencies and interactions with Elastic clusters.
- Participate in new pipelines developments.
- Work within a cloud based platform Azure.
- Collaborate and work with a diverse group of engineers in developing solutions for datasets in large volumes
- Maintain and upgrade Elastic clusters and environments
- Perform daily performance monitoring for Elasticsearch clusters and environments
- Create and analyze performance metrics
- Build basic dashboards/watchers/alerts.
Required Job Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree and 4 years in Information Technology or relevant experience OR Technical Certification and/or College Courses and 6 year Information Technology experience OR 8 years Information Technology experience.
- Infrastructure Automation
- Operations Management
- ITIL v3
- IT standards, procedures, policies
- Ability to simplify & standardize complex concepts / processes
- Understanding of business priorities (e.g., vision), trends (e.g., industry knowledge) and markets (e.g., existing/ planned)
- Oral & written communications
- Problem solving / analytical skills, tools and techniques
- Supplier management
- Ability to prioritize and make trade-off decisions
- Drive cross functional execution
- Adaptability and ability to introduce / manage change
- Teamwork and collaboration
- Organized and detail oriented
- Analytical and problem solving skills
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- 3 + years of hands-on experience in designing Elasticsearch infrastructure environments, performance tuning, managing large Elasticsearch clusters, developing solutions for indexing heterogeneous datasets and searching/analyzing indexed data
- Experience with monitoring Elasticsearch cluster health and developing solutions to mitigate risks of performance and Service-level Agreements (SLAs)
- Good hands-on schema design, analyzer and filter configuration
- Experience with Elasticsearch mapping & its optimization for performance
- Experience with Elasticsearch Query DSL
- Experience working with a highly technical team and in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Supports developers and cloud platform engineers in using and troubleshooting any ELK stack issues.
- Experience with git, linux system administration, docker, Kubernetes.
- Configures and tunes Logstash, FileBeats, MetricBeats
- Experience with scaling Elasticsearch clusters to meet growth
- Experience with Elasticsearch Query Optimization
- Experience with Agile software development.
- Experience with JIRA.
- Experience with DevOps/DevSecOps and GIT HUB.
- Experience with Kibana in developing visualizations/dashboards and conducting analyses
- Experience with different shell scripts and regular expressions
- 5+ years of experience with software engineering
- Experience with Python, JSON, or Java