Location: Dallas or Richardson, TX; Chicago, IL
Job Type: Permanent
This position is responsible for leading end-to-end architecture, design and build of distributed storage infrastructure solutions/blueprints including but not limited to Block, File, Data Protection and SAN Fabric technologies, which meet defined business and technical requirements, align with enterprise objectives, and integrate into the overall system design; This position will also provide technical guidance to the distributed storage teams and level 3 support for major incidents.
Required Job Qualifications:
- Bachelors Degree and 5 years in Information Technology or relevant experience OR Technical Certification and/or College Courses and 7 year Information Technology experience OR 9 years Information Technology experience.
- 5+ years of storage experience for both SAN and NAS platforms.
- Infrastructure Automation
- Operations Management
- ITIL v3
- IT standards, procedures, policies
- Ability to simplify & standardize complex concepts / processes
- Understanding of business priorities (e.g., vision), trends (e.g., industry knowledge) and markets (e.g., existing/ planned)
- Oral & written communications
- Problem solving / analytical skills, tools and techniques
- Supplier management
- Ability to prioritize and make trade-off decisions
- Drive cross functional execution
- Adaptability and ability to introduce / manage change
- Teamwork and collaboration
- Organized and detail oriented
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
Extensive hands-on experience with:
Dell/EMC VMAX/PMAX Block Storage > Unity and Isilon NAS Storage > SAN Networks (Cisco systems). > Data Protection (backup/restore) Software and Hardware infrastructure technologies, specifically Commvault. > Cloud (Public/Private) Storage management.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Bachelors Degree (Computer Science, MIS, or related degrees).
- Extensive hands-on experience with Dell/EMC storage technologies (VMAX, Isilon, Unity)
- Extensive hands-on experience with Cisco and Brocade technologies
- Knowledge of backup and archive software and storage
- Knowledge of storage encryption (Hardware/Software)
- Knowledge of cloud-based storage
- Hands-on experience with Disaster Recovery.