We are looking for a Sr. IBM WebSphere eXtreme Scale Engineer to join our team for a long-term contract opportunity.
- Delivers high-performing, reliable infrastructure that is a competitive advantage.
- Ensures 24x7 highly available and high performing computing solutions in support of business operations while transforming technology into a competitive advantage
- IBM WAS, Tomcat, JAVA. JBOSS EAP Red Hat Open Shift and distributed caches (IBM WXS, RedHat DataGrid).
- Provides consultation and direct technical support in life cycle planning, problem management, integration, and systems programming. Implements releases, upgrades, and/or changes into the environment.
- Ensures platform performance and availability meet enterprise objectives through monitoring, timely service restoration, and tuning.
- Duties may include capacity planning, workload modeling, upgrades, system maintenance/administration, and diagnostics.
- Consults with other business units such as application groups, DBAs, or middleware and understands configurations for product installation.
- Highly Skilled in automation (scripting languages: YAML, bash, wsadmin, python, etc)
- Coordinates activities with internal/external technology owners/service providers.
- Keeps abreast of industry and technology trends. 40 hours per week. [No work related travel].
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering or related field and five years of progressively responsible post baccalaureate work experience in system engineering or related field.
- Must have 5 years of work experience with IBMWebSphere eXtreme Scale server 8.1 or higher, IBM WebSphere Application Server 8.5 or higher, and JBoss EAP 6.3 or higher.
- Must have 3 years of work experience with the following:
- managing and supporting application development containers infrastructure on Linux and Windows operating systems;
- providing expertise and consultation in: ANSIBLE, JACL, Jython, Python, JBoss Open-Shift, J2EE Container, Log Analysis, JVM tuning, Linux scripting/automation, and heap and thread dump analysis. design, and build;
- understanding technical and business requirements and analyzing, designing, and documenting platforms or systems to meet enterprise requirements;
- configuring, installing, customizing, maintaining, testing, and troubleshooting hardware systems and systems software;
- designing and documenting enterprise standards and procedures, and ensuring that platforms and systems conform to established enterprise and industry standards and reference models with respect to systems management, security, and operating systems;
- monitoring, managing, tuning, and implementing changes to platforms to ensure that availability and performance levels are achieved with minimal impact to the business and meet Service Level Agreements (SLAs); and
- planning and implementing lifecycle management of software and hardware.
- Must have 2 years of work experience with performing automation using Ansible/YAML.
- Knowledge of AWS or Azure, preferred.
If this sounds like you, please apply to MATRIX today!