Duration: Direct Hire from Day 1
Location: 100% remote, no return to the office required.
Key Skills: Tableau, Microstrategy, Alteryx, SQL, HR Data, Workday, Kronos
The Lead/Senior Business Insights Analyst drives the efforts to identify business challenges/opportunities and develops analytical models to address them. This position will support the People Care (HR) business unit by generating insights to influence key business decisions. This position also oversees work from lower level business insight analysts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Independently collaborates with senior leaders to understand complex business challenges and opportunities and develops data solutions that meet the business intelligence or insights needs.
- Conceptualizes business intelligence solutions using data manipulations and visualizations that lead to actionable insights.
- Analyzes data, forming conclusions and recommendations, producing insights that will help shape effective strategies to achieve business outcomes.
- Prepares and presents findings and recommendations to key stakeholders and management to influence business to act.
- Identifies critical data sources necessary to achieve desired business outcomes.
- Collaborates with business leaders and key stakeholders to identify metrics and KPI’s that highlight business outcomes.
- Provides consultation for reports and/or dashboards for end users.
- Provides ideas and creates best practices for designing and developing Business Intelligence solutions.
- Identifies data quality issues and works with the relevant teams (as needed) to resolve the data quality issues discovered during the business intelligence and insights process.
- Provides mentoring and training to junior team members to aid in their individual development to help improve overall team performance.
- Expert in Tableau desktop, Alteryx, or similar data blending tool
- Expert level of understanding multiple data environments and the ability to interface with them using the appropriate tools. High proficiency in SQL required, and Python (preferable).
- Excellent communication skills, including experience presenting to various levels of management, and both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience analyzing data to solve a wide variety of complex HR business problems
- Self-starter with strong time management and organizational skills
- Able to engage in consultative manner with management and other analysts when helping solve/manage content deliverables
- Able to work in ambiguous situations and respond flexibly to changing circumstances, priorities, and time constraints
- Team player with ability to collaborate with others in addition, organizational and problem-solving skills, a can-do attitude, and the ability to adjust to changing requirements are essential.
- Maintaining confidentiality, treating others with respect and upholding Company values are key attributes.
Bachelor's degree in an analytical area such as MIS, Finance, or Business Analytics and 5+ years of experience in analytics or business insights OR a Master's degree and 3+ years of experience in analytics, or business insights