Our Healthcare Insurance client is seeking a Sr. Full Stack Java Developer to join their team for a contract role!
Our client has more than 5,000 employees and is the number 1 health insurer in the state of North Carolina serving more than 3.89 million customers.
Health care is changing, and our client is leading the way by provide innovative solutions that simplify the health care system, improve efficiency and outcomes, and help rein in costs. Our client is a not-for-profit with headquarters in Durham, NC.
Position: Sr. Full Stack Java Developer
Term: 6 months
- Responsible for the analysis, development, installation, modification and support of complex software and/or information solutions. Designs software and/or information solutions based on functional area assigned.
- Independently perform all necessary discovery and fact finding to fully understand and execute all assignments.
- Independently code, debug, revise and document intricate objects or systems. Design solutions based on functional area assigned.
- Works closely with solution and information architecture to ensure alignment to design.
- Implement the tested and approved objects in a manner which protects the integrity of all test and production environments.
- Adhere to all solution delivery standards, service level agreements, and processes (i.e., Balancing, Data Security, Walkthru and Approval processes, Program/System documentation, Status Reporting, Escalation, Change Management, Problem Management, Software Development Methodology, etc.), as well as participate in the development of these standards and processes.
- Independently analyze complex business problems or opportunities and prepare detailed specifications and estimates from which objects will be written at the project level.
- Evaluate solution options and make buy vs. build recommendations to management.
- Independently provide effective communication to business and IS partners. This includes verbal, written, and electronic communication, as well as delivering presentations.
- Create effective unit test plans from the technical specifications as well as review junior staff members unit test plans for completeness/thoroughness.
- Independently analyze application and system problems and incidents; develop recommendations and solutions for those problems, implement those solutions, and provide communications on the associated actions, business impacts, and results.
- Identify best practices, communicate and implement these practices to the department.
- Create and sustain business literacy and understanding of business processes in the IS organization.
- Provide detailed application and code expertise to the development, testing, business teams.
- Coordinates vendor solution delivery and partners with vendors to effectively meet business needs and timelines.
- Provide direction and assistance to junior staff members.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- Education/Experience - Bachelors degree in computer science or mathematics OR Associates degree specifically in computer science field.
- 5 years development experience.
- With no degree, 7 years experience required.
- Significant experience with both Front End Web development (Java, Node.JS, Angular) and Backend web service development using technologies like: JAVA, struts, WebSphere
- Vue.js (prefer Vue, but if not, opportunity to learn it)
- OpenShift (prefer OpenShift, but if not, opportunity to learn it)
- AWS (prefer AWS, but if not, opportunity to learn it)
- Experience with at least one of the major database systems (i.e. DB2, Oracle, Teradata).
- Must be self directed with proven initiative.
- Ability to interview with a focus on fact finding and discovery
- Process and logic oriented
- Effective verbal or written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
****To be eligible to contract at this client you must be able to pass a drug test and criminal background check. This client requires all employees, temporary labor, consultants, and contractors to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by 12/08/21, subject to approved medical or religious exemptions.