Full Stack Developer
San Francisco, CA
Contract (12 months +)
We are looking for a Sr. Full Stack Developer who will be responsible for developing web API solutions on top of existing database structures. The developer will interact with business users, development and testing teams in planning, developing business requirements, API documentation, test cases and test scripts.
Compensation is extremely strong, and we are ideally looking for someone to start ASAP (June).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and develop data movement and transformation using Python and MS SQL stored procedures.
- Enable data visualization for business users via Web APIs using NodeJS and JS Angular.
- The ability to iteratively develop reporting and data solutions in an agile fashion.
- Maintain API solutions and changes for both the API and underlying Databases.
- Deliver working and tested software solutions using test driven development methodologies to meet release schedules for all products.
- Must have strong knowledge of API life-cycle management platforms.
- Role would also involve supporting the APIs developed after they are deployed in production.
- Engage and direct business partners and subject matter experts to identify priorities, scope, and requirements for complex business problems.
- Provide documentation (Technical Specifications, Production Support, API documentation, test scripts etc.) for all projects.
- Setup and maintain testing framework using automation.
- Respond quickly to bug fixes and enhancement requests and be able to take directions and complete tasks on time with minimal supervision.
- 5 - 7 years of experience in API development and implementation.
- Must have hands on experience using Node.js, designing, supporting and using RESTful APIs and building micro services.
- Expertise in web technologies, with an emphasis on serverside languages, especially Node.js; working with modern and legacy data sources; and working with front-end technologies (Angular).
- SQL Server and MEAN stack experience preferred (MongoDB, Express, Angular, Node.js).
- Hands on experience designing, building and supporting RESTful APIs and micro services.
- Demonstrated experience writing secure, efficient, reusable and testable code. Experience with TDD a plus.
- Familiar with the full SDLC and with production support experience.
- Ability to create build / package scripts for deploying applications using GitHub, Jenkins, Artifactory, and Ansible.
- Experience working on cloud solutions a plus.
- Experience with Snowflake as a data warehouse (preferred).
- Agile experience (preferred).