Our Health Insurance client is seeking a Sr. Front-end Developer with ability to do full-stack development to join their team for a contract role!
Our client has more than 5,000 employees and is the number 1 health insurer in the state of North Carolina serving more than 3.89 million customers. Our client's goal is to provide innovative solutions that simplify the health care system, improve efficiency and outcomes, and help rein in costs
Position: Sr. Front-end Developer
Location: Remote, Work from Home
Term: 6 months + likely extensions
If working alongside other full stack developers to apply emerging technologies in building innovative and entrepreneurial applications to improve healthcare gets you jazzed, read on.
Were looking for a Full Stack developer who will deliver several key enhancements to one of our web applications. If you want to join a robust group of innovators responsible for the full software creation process, from conception, deployment, testing, and support we are your team! A successful candidate must have knowledge in all stages of software development and be able to produce complete, standalone working software solutions. Skill sets required are front-end & back-end technologies, multiple development languages, database (and data layer persistence and storage), basic design & documentation abilities, and integrating with other technologies.
We succeed or fail as a team. Many assignments may be solo, but we all support one another as needed and there are occasions when there will be team projects. Regardless of your role, we are encouraged to mentor each other as needed.
- We work with development teams and product managers to conceptualize software solutions and approach software holistically to satisfy both user experience and functionality.
- We design client-side and server-side architecture
- We ensure the entire stack is crafted and built for scalability, security, performance, availability
- We design and implement continuous integration and deployment
- We diagnose technology problems in the environment the solution is deployed
- We package and deploy (install and configuration) solutions
- We write user documentation
- We participate in the design and creation of scalable software
- We write clean, functional code on the front- and back-end
- We test software to ensure requirements are met while delivering a responsive and efficient solution; fix bugs or other coding issues
- We assist with the analysis, design and development of high volume, low latency applications for systems delivering high-availability and performance to best meet customer needs.
- We collaborate with other IT specialists to rapidly develop and deliver spectacular solutions that meet changing business needs.
- We support the vital discovery and fact-finding process to understand business problems and opportunities and execute all assignments with supervision.
- We effectively communicate development and production issues to the project team, applicable vendors and/or the manager in a timely manner.
- We research and keep abreast of technology trends and IT methodologies; continuous learning is vital.
- We are comfortable multi-tasking and working as part of a dynamic team, as well as working independently and taking ownership of our work.
Is this a fit? (Requirements):
- Most helpful:
- Web components
- Material design, atomic design
- MySQL or PostgreSQL or Neo4j
- AWS EC2
- Nice to have:
- HTTP/2 or HTTP/3 or GraphQL or WebSocket
- AWS S3, EC2, EKS, ECR