Our Healthcare Insurance client is seeking a Sr. Front-end Developer to join their team for a contract role!
Our client has more than 5,000 employees and is the number 1 health insurer in the state of North Carolina serving more than 3.89 million customers.
Health care is changing, and our client is leading the way by provide innovative solutions that simplify the health care system, improve efficiency and outcomes, and help rein in costs. Our client is a not-for-profit with headquarters in Durham, NC.
Position: Sr. Front-end Developer
Location: Virtual or onsite in Durham, NC
Duration: 6 months plus renewals
- Front-end Development
- Web Components
- Material design, atomic design
- Back-end skills
- AWS EC2
- HTTP/2 or HTTP/3 or GraphQL or WebSocket
- AWS S3, EC2, EKS, ECR
Work alongside other full stack developers to apply emerging technologies in building innovative and entrepreneurial applications to improve healthcare.
We succeed or fail as a team. Many assignments may be solo, but we all support one another as needed and there are occasions when there will be team projects. Regardless of your role, we are encouraged to mentor each other as needed.
- We work with development teams and product managers to conceptualize software solutions and approach software holistically to satisfy both user experience and functionality.
- We design client-side and server-side architecture
- We ensure the entire stack is crafted and built for scalability, security, performance, availability
- We design and implement continuous integration and deployment
- We diagnose technology problems in the environment the solution is deployed
- We package and deploy (install and configuration) solutions
- We write user documentation
- We participate in the design and creation of scalable software
- We write clean, functional code on the front- and back-end
- We test software to ensure requirements are met while delivering a responsive and efficient solution; fix bugs or other coding issues
- We assist with the analysis, design and development of high volume, low latency applications for systems delivering high-availability and performance to best meet customer needs.
- We collaborate with other IT specialists to rapidly develop and deliver spectacular solutions that meet changing business needs.
- We support the vital discovery and fact-finding process to understand business problems and opportunities and execute all assignments with supervision.
- We effectively communicate development and production issues to the project team, applicable vendors and/or the manager in a timely manner.
- We research and keep abreast of technology trends and IT methodologies; continuous learning is vital.
- We are comfortable multi-tasking and working as part of a dynamic team, as well as working independently and taking ownership of our work.
- Highly concentrated technology experience (meaning you have spent 80% or more of your technical experience coding and working directly with technology). Because of this you have top of mind, fresh expertise that allows you to rapidly tackle complex engineering problems in efficient, elegant ways.
- As a continuous learner, you utilize the latest and best technologies, and have a track record of learning new technologies and approaches quickly and using them to deliver high quality solutions.
- Critical thinking and clear communication skills, including ability to empathize with customers, elicit high-level requirements from clients and iteratively craft a solution rapidly to meet stated and sometimes unstated needs will serve you well. You will be asked to present to leadership and technical peers.
- Clean, well-documented code handled in a repository and comfort submitting to a team code review is needed before your work is considered complete. Bug fixes identified during testing will be your responsibility to quickly remediate to meet target delivery deadlines.
- Designing and developing APIs.
- Adaptive to ambiguity and willing to change in a fast-paced environment
- Good work ethic with the ability to work autonomously while knowing when to ask for help
- Proven collaboration skills to facilitate effective working relationships with varied partners and team members, including vendors.
- Solid problem-solving skills, with a focus on understanding overall business issues and figuring out innovative solutions
- Mentoring more junior team members
- Evaluating solutions based on user experience from end to end (e.g., number of clicks, logical presentment of information and flow, etc.)