This International Defense Electronics company has an immediate full-time opening in Roanoke, VA for a Senior FPGA Software Engineer. Will be responsible for developing embedded and mobile applications for military applications including live operations. Will provide support for ongoing software development contracts, enhance existing software tools, and develop new software products. Will work in small development teams on all aspects of the development life cycle including requirements, design, coding, unit testing, and deployment. Will prepare for design reviews and present material as part of both internal and external reviews. Will participate in peer design reviews for the more complex software design approaches Self-motivation and the ability to work both independently and as part of a team are required. Will be able to work remotely from home but must be local to the Roanoke area to come onsite when needed.
- Ability to obtain Security Clearance.
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Equivalent.
- 6+ years’ experience.
- Must have electrical engineering lab experience (debug, use of scopes, multi-meters, etc).
- Must be proficient in Verilog and VHDL.
- Experience using timing constraints and achieving timing closure in FPGA designs.
- Experience using ModelSim or similar tools for simulation and verification.
- Experience in firmware development.
- Experience in full software development life cycle.
- Effective communication and documentation skills.
- Ability to work with a team to derive software requirements.
- Experience with version control systems (subversion, git).
- Must possess basic MS Office skills; Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Ability to travel if needed (will be only once per year for 2-3 weeks at a time).
- Embedded routing software: LAN & Wireless, DHCP, DNS, multicast/unicast.
- Experience with Linux development system.
- Embedded C/C++.
- Experience writing FPGA testbenches.
- Experience in writing video encode/decode software.
- Experience in writing image processing software.
- Experience with GitLab, JIRA or other bug tracking software.