Amazing opportunity for a Sr. Forcasting Analyst t to join a services industry leader in Houston, TX! The role offers opportunity for growth as the company continues to expand it's presence nation wide. Company offers excellet benefits and competetive salary with a history of long tentured employees. The position will start remote but will be required to be onsite (near Montrose/Downtown) in coming months.
The Sr. Forecasting Analyst is an active participant in the overall forecasting process, including communications with stakeholders and development of forecast positions. Responsible for preparation of forecasting models in Excel and checks for internal consistency among various elements of forecast. Additionally, will review forecast information submitted by other FP&A personnel for segment-level forecasts. Will be a key resource in ensuring that senior management reporting needs are met.
- Help create and monitor existing forecast models in Excel
- Improve existing models by incorporating division-level forecasting inputs and feedback from stakeholders
- Develop new analysis tools, routines, and reports to increase forward-looking visibility into business
- Responsibility over quality control for all models, and support schedules that flow into mode
- Understand and document forecast drivers at the division level, including sub-forecasts for call-out operating units
- Produce quarterly forecast book to document model output schedules, model assumptions, and summarize projected results for Sr. Mgmt.
- Work with group leadership to complete high priority projects, improve analysis practices, address project priorities, interact with other corporate departments to manage data flow and deadlines.
- Support in developing recommendations and support for various questions raised by external or internal stakeholders, including highly sensitive topics on behalf of individual Officers or Board Members.
- Assist in internal discussions on the company’s capital and debt structure, including quarterly calculations and recommendations on financing alternatives such as the timing and sizing of debt issuance.
- Backfill and support other Functional Support activities, as needed — assist with projects supporting Supply Chain Management, IT, Treasury, etc.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Experience building, modifying, maintaining, and reviewing financial models in Excel and/or in a Software as a Service or cloud-based environment
- Advance knowledge of Excel
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Some experience with the executive level presentation of financial analysis, financial results, model output, etc.
- Corporate finance experience desired — capital structure and leverage analysis, calculating WACC, peer group ratio and valuation metrics analysis, financial statement analysis
- Highly detail oriented with a careful eye for quality control and presentation of work
- Highly motivated to be innovative in analysis approach, improving models and analysis, proposing new ways to view things, etc.
- Self-motivated, and driven to produce results within tight deadlines and with maximum quality allowed within time constraints.
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, Engineering or Mathematics.
- 3-5 years in a financial analysis, consulting, banking, or accounting role
- Demonstrated complex modeling experience in an Excel environment (build, maintain, and operate)