Terrific Long-Term Contract Opportunity with a FULL suite of benefits!
Come work for an award-winning, nonprofit health system providing exceptional care across the full spectrum of health care services on an overall mission to heal, discover and educate for longer, healthier lives.
Position: Sr. Firewall Engineer
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Term: 6 months
The primary role of the Senior Firewall Engineer is to provide technical expertise and direction in developing, implementing and supporting technology solutions to meet/exceed the business/network security and IT RASS (Reliability, Availability, Scalability and Security) requirements
Operational duties include troubleshoot technical problems through collaboration with other team members and vendors. Implement processes and respond to requests for network infrastructure access, translate business requirements into network or process designs. Plans and recommends platforms (appliance/physical/virtual), systems management software and next generation network/security capabilities. Evaluates and recommends new products, maintains knowledge of emerging technologies from application to enterprise. Monitors firewall performance, ensures capacity planning is performed and is proactive in assessing and making recommendations for improvement. Performs troubleshooting procedures and designs resolution scripts. May take on role of Subject Matter Expert (SME) for special enterprise wide assignments.
- Ensure new and existing solutions are installed/maintained to meet business, network security, and RASS requirements.
- Lead remediation efforts based on audits or reviews of internal and vendor network security processes, procedures and compliance controls.
- Maintain expertise on firewall, segmentation, network security and vulnerability trends. Remediate systems based on supplied threat intelligence information.
- Design, test, implement, maintain and support current and future complex technologies, processes and procedures. Lead the design and development of controls that ensure the safety of assets and protect them from unauthorized access or intentional destruction.
- Lead complex projects to implement next generation firewall technology solutions to comply with network security regulatory compliance. Assure the implementation of appropriate network security configurations or re-configurations and work with appropriate teams to execute them as required.
- Conduct technical research on network security infrastructure system upgrades to assess compatibility, cost, and time required to implement.
- Participate in network security infrastructure roadmap, strategy, and budget planning.
- Serves on an on-call team rotation schedule to address high-priority production issues
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 7+ years experience installing, monitoring and maintaining firewall solutions including policy design and implementation.
- 5+ years experience evaluating and designing firewall solutions for technology projects.
- Demonstrated understanding of next generation related technologies and practices, including: creating/implementing firewall/network security /pushing policies, data packet flow, encryption, segmentation strategies, vulnerability management, secure remote access, and B2B set-up.
- Strong/diverse technical background in firewall, network security, enterprise networking, compute, storage, operating systems, database technologies, and desktop operating systems.
- Highly recommend that Sr. Firewall Engineers have a current network certification (CCNA equivalent)
- Highly recommend that a 2 yr with specific network certification/focus
- Demonstrated experience contributing and collaborating effectively as an informal leader in a high-functioning team.
- Effective organizational, analytical and independent problem solving skills.
- Successful experience coordinating and completing multiple tasks within established and changing deadlines.
- Strong presentation skills with experience addressing and interfacing with executives and technical staff.
- Experience working in the healthcare services industry or other highly regulated/compliance oriented environments.
- Experience with regulatory compliance issues.
- Experience with ITIL Framework.
- Experience with Service Now.