This International Defense Electronics company based in Roanoke, VA has an immediate full-time opening for Senior Software Engineer. This position offers the opportunity to work remotely but must be able to come onsite to the Roanoke office at certain stages of the production cycle. Will be responsible for architecting and developing embedded software for military applications including live operations. Will provide leadership and support for a new night vision program. Responsibilities include creating specifications, system architecture, detailed designs as well as supporting other software engineers. This role will be expected to maintain collaborative efforts with other engineers as well as suppliers, troubleshooting of existing designs, and ensuring conformance to specific performance requirements, quality objectives, costing, project timelines and testing prototype units.
The candidate will work in small development teams on all aspects of the development life cycle including requirements, design, coding, unit testing, and deployment. Self-motivation and the ability to work both independently and as part of a team are required.
- Ability to obtain Security Clearance.
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Equivalent.
- 10+ years’ experience preferred.
- Must have C/C++/C# experience.
- Experience in leading others through full software development life cycle.
- FPGA design experience (Verilog proficient, VHDL literate).
- Effective communication and documentation skills.
- Able to work as part of a cross functional team.
- Capability to develop and conduct electrical tests to include troubleshooting.
- Ability to work with a team to derive software requirements.
- Experience with version control systems (subversion, git).
- Prepare for design reviews and present material as part of both internal and external reviews.
- Participate in peer design reviews for the more complex software design approaches.
- MS Office skills; Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Experience with Failure Analysis of embedded systems.
- Experience with digital electronics, FPGAs and PICs.
- Experience with closed loop feedback systems.
- Experience with ECAD tools: Cadence/Mentor/PADs preferred.
- Experience with GitLab.