The electrical engineering department at Aberdeen Proving Grounds supports the military Air Traffic Management product line. The department designs and tests all types of RF/analog electronic hardware receivers, power amplifiers, synthesizers, power supplies, as well as the subsystems that integrate these components with antennas, RF feeds, and mechanical assemblies. The designs satisfy rigorous requirements of government programs. The department also performs trade studies and product selection for commercially available components.
Design, test, and integration of analog and RF / microwave components and sub-systems from DC to 3GHz. Examples include receivers, solid state power amplifiers, LNA’s, filters, RF switches, frequency synthesizers, and frequency sources. Modernize existing designs to eliminate obsolete components and improve performance. Design efforts include developing RF circuits and modules using strip line and micro strip circuits, as well as development of analog and power control circuitry. The design process includes circuit simulation and validation of design models using tools such as SPICE and Agilent’s Advanced Design Systems (ADS). Duties include support to production, transition to production, as well as development.
- 4+ years’ experience in RF/Microwave and analog circuit design
- Experience with RF CAD tools such as Agilent ADS, Genesis, Microwave Office, SPICE
- Experience in RF subsystems and a working understanding of architecture, design, and integration processes
- Understand systems level issues associated with RF design such as noise figure, IP3, ect.
- Expert proficiency with common RF test equipment such as; Network and spectrum analyzers, signal and pulse generators, and oscilloscopes
- Ability to obtain a DoD Secret Clearance
- Ability to support occasional travel
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- MUST be a U.S. Citizen able to obtain a DoD Secret Clearance within one year of hire date; Active Secret clearance is preferred.
- Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, concentration in RF/Microwave field
- Experience in solid state RF power amplifier design
- Experience with LabView
Bachelor’s degree in a related STEM discipline - Electrical Engineering is preferred
Master's degree in related STEM discipline