Terrific Contract Opportunity!
Join over 20,000 employees at this global company specializing in technology-enabled claims and risk management solutions. You will be part of a culture that is constantly recognized for progressive, inclusive employment practices, and be part of a bigger movement to simplify complexities in the areas of workers compensation, liability, property, disability and absence management.
Position: Disability Representative
Location: Irving Texas 75063
Term: 2 months
- Analyzes, approves and authorizes assigned claims and determines benefits due pursuant to a disability plan.
- Determines benefits due, makes timely claims payments and adjustments for workers compensation, Social Security Disability Income (SSDI), and other disability offsets.
- Medically manages disability claims ensuring compliance with duration control guidelines and plan provisions.
- Communicates clearly with claimant and client on all aspects of claims process either by phone and/or written correspondence.
- Informs claimants of documentation required to process claims, required time frames, payment information and claims status either by phone, written correspondence and/or claims system.
- Coordinates investigative efforts ensuring appropriateness; provides thorough review of contested claims.
- Evaluates and arranges appropriate referral of claims to outside vendors for surveillance, independent medical evaluation, functional capability evaluation, and/or related disability activities.
- Refers cases as appropriate to supervisor and management.
- Negotiates settlement of claims up to designated authority level.
- Maintains professional client relationships.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- Two (2) years benefits or disability claims management experience or successful completion of Disability Representative training.
- Knowledge of ERISA regulations, required offsets and deductions, disability duration and medical management practices and Social Security application procedures.
- Excellent oral and written communication, including presentation skills.
- PC literate, including Microsoft Office products.
- Analytical and interpretive skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Ability to meet or exceed Performance Competencies.
Even better if you have:
- Baccalaureate from an accredited university or college.
If this sounds like the perfect fit, apply today!