Digital/Web Product Manager - Digital Channels
Our premier Bay Area based Financial Services client is looking for a Digital/Web Product Manager who will be responsible for creating, managing, and executing the website roadmap and projects. The role will provide leadership over the execution of initiatives, daily operations, and management to ensure that the project priorities are well aligned with the operational and strategic goals of organization. Detailed understanding of Digital Product lifecycle from ideation to product launch, Agile development, UI/UX, web analytics - is essential.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- To define and manage the development pipeline of our primary external facing website.
- Work with Agile methodologies for product and technology development.
- Develop user stories based on an in-depth understanding of (1) voice of the customer; (2) competitive analysis; (3) profitability; (4) product life cycle; (4) vendor/platform capabilities; and (5) operational support.
- Acts as the liaison and evangelist for key digital initiatives, responsible for demonstrating value and ROI to stakeholders across the enterprise.
- Collaborates with the product teams for alignment and a good understanding of immediate and long-term requirements.
- Ensures compliance, data security, and quality policies are met with all deliverables.
- Partners closely with peer organizations, marketing, product development, customer contact center, user experience, and technology to evolve the digital platform.
- Identifies opportunities to digitize or enhance digital channel the full lifecycle process.
- Inspires the organization on aspects of design thinking, and technology utilization.
- Facilitates the execution of a consistent omni-channel strategy (ATM, Branch, Digital and Contact Center) and influences portfolio-level investment in adherence to brand guidelines.
- Develop business cases and perform a cost/benefit analysis as needed to secure buy-in for enhancements and initiatives.
- Prioritize product requirements and operational tasks to ensure audit, regulatory, and security controls are met.
- Manage a portfolio of projects to enable the organization to meet the digital needs of its customers and prospective customers and serve as primary business point of contact for implementation activities; working closely with key partners to meet scheduled milestones.
- Develop and manage KPI’s and success metrics for digital products and services.
- Interface with Training & Development to create and modify training for assigned digital products/services.
- Understand all aspects of the internal and external environment including customer met/unmet digital needs through research efforts, in-depth understanding of the voice of the customer, industry trends, vendor/platform capabilities, and best practices for servicing the digital needs of our customers.
- Demonstrated technical acumen and an ability to work with the technology organization to align product and technology roadmaps
- 10+ years combined experience in digital (Online/Mobile) Channel management or eBusiness.
- 5+ years’ experience in the financial services industry or related experiences
- 5+ years’ experience managing people in a direct reporting structure and strength in managing cross-functional matrixed teams
- Strong networking skills and ability to build highly collaborative relationships at the executive level
- Ability to innovate and transform an industry by applying best practices from other industries, thinking non-traditionally
- Sets the strategic vision and gains alignment with other parts of the organization
- Make business decisions based on analysis and recommendations.
- Ability to effectively negotiate and arrive at successful solutions with key stakeholder groups.
- BS/BA required; MBA preferred
- Strong customer-focused design and UX principles.
- Broad experience in project management models and their application to different projects, including Agile, Waterfall, and Scrum.
- Positive, team-oriented, and enthusiastic attitude.
- Superior analytical skills and ability to synthesize data and draw conclusions.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and relationship management skills; ability to work well as part of a cross-functional team and lead across the organization at multiple levels.
- Ability to influence diverse, cross-functional teams to success without direct authority over the team.
- Excellent verbal, writing, and presentation skills. (Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio).