Type: Contract-to-Hire - 6 months
Our client is seeking a Senior DevOps Engineer.
The Senior DevOps Engineer is responsible for serving as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for the deployment and management of Azure Infrastructure and resources. This role will act as the most senior DevOps Engineer on a cloud management team tasked with leveraging and contributing to the Cloud products. Additionally, this SME will be responsible for bringing others up to speeds on cloud services, pipelines and cloud management.
- Lead and mentor a DevOps Engineering Team to develop tools produced through devops, gitops, and immutable methodologies that will automate the deployment, hardening and policy configuration of cloud infrastructure for use by our partnering cloud application and infrastructure teams
- Actively participate in the development and socialization of Infrastructure Solution Road Maps as part of the organizations Product Delivery.
- Partner with our cloud migration teams to strategize how to effectively and efficiently perform on premise to cloud migrations within the guardrails set by the DevOps Engineering Team
- Test, deploy, monitor, maintain infrastructure as code (IaC) and deployment Pipelines
- Maintain architectural diagrams. and documentation to help partnering cloud infrastructure and application teams to understand the boundaries and capabilities of the tools available to them.
- Act in a strategic capacity as a senior technical expert for all current Azure Cloud based solutions while keeping abreast of future Azure Cloud solutions
- Develop automated solutions for reducing manual tasks and streamlining process
- Develop and direct other Cloud engineers during MPP, ITO and BPO engagements To be considered for this position, applicants need to meet the qualifications listed in this posting.
- Bachelor’s or equivalent Degree in Computer Science or a related engineering field
- 6-8 years enterprise infrastructure experience with a solid understanding of Compute, Storage and Networking Principals
- 3-4 years working in public cloud environments, a plus private or hybrid cloud environments
- 2+ years working in Microsoft Azure in a solution engineer or architect role
- Knowledgeable of IaC workflows with experience in Jenkins, Circle CI, Git, Terraform, ARM Templates, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, LogicApp or other GitOps/DevOps tools.
- Coding experience with PowerShell, Bash, Python, GO, C#, .NET, Java, NodeJS or other equivalent languages
- 2+ years’ experience working in an Agile environment
- Microsoft Certified: DevOps Engineer Expert
- Healthcare IT experience with compliance such as HIPAA and/or HITRUST, experience with security controls
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes or other container services a plus
- ITIL v3 certification
- Background in Azure monitoring, alerting, and diagnostics, including Application Insights, Log Analytics, Network Monitoring, Service Health, and dashboards
- Experience working in Windows/Unix/Linux environments
- Expert of formal architecture, design patterns and best practices for Azure cloud services