DevOps Engineer – 100% Remote
Target Location(s): Mountain View, CA, Pittsburgh (Cranberry Township), PA
Do you want to make a meaningful difference in the quality of healthcare? Our client is empowering health systems and pharmacies to radically transform the way they manage medications, so they can achieve the vision of the Autonomous Pharmacy. Thousands of hospitals, pharmacies, skilled nursing facilities and care homes trust our client to provide continuous innovation.
Join us as we build on our powerful combination of advanced automation, predictive intelligence, and expert services to create a safer future for patients—one where medication errors are a thing of the past. You’ll be joining an organization whose culture encourages individual development, rewards intellectual curiosity, and embraces an inclusive environment.
- Implement tools and processes necessary to achieve required SLOs for Platform.
- Define and implement CI/CD pipelines.
- Automate delivery of platform services using infrastructure-as-a-code. Build self-service playbooks for platform which can be consumed across globally distributed teams.
- Define and implement incident response management process, deploy necessary tools.
- Fix support and escalation issues.
- Conduct post-incident reviews.
- Collaborate with application and business stakeholders to ensure high-quality product is developed and deployed in production. Work diligently with other engineering teams to ratify release processes necessary to meet business goals.
- Drive continuous improvement process
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Expert knowledge of one of the major public cloud platforms (Azure, AWS, GCP)
- Hands-on programming experience in Python or other object-oriented programming languages.
- Expert knowledge of Infrastructure and Application Monitoring tools: Prometheus, Grafana, DataDog, etc
- Experience implementing IaC concepts using Terraform, Chef, Puppet.
- Experience with Elasticsearch, Kibana
- Experience administering Databases
- Expert in Linux administration.
- Expert knowledge of Docker, Helm.
- Experience implementing CI/CD for cloud native applications.
- Experience with deploying applications that utilize Service Mesh
- Experience administering Kubernetes clusters.
- Experience defining and implementing incident response management processes.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 8+ years’ experience in software engineering
- Preferred Knowledge and Skills:
- Master’s degree
- Understanding of GitOps principals.
- Experience implementing secure and compliant Kubernetes platforms.
- Experience deploying and managing stateful distributed service in Kubernetes.
- Experience with security scanning tools.
- Experience with intrusion detection systems.
- Experience with various messaging systems, such as Kafka or RabbitMQ
- Working knowledge of Databricks, Team Foundation Server, TeamCity, Octopus deploys and DataDog