Are you an experienced DevOps Application Developer? Do you get excited thinking about managing Azure Data Lake & Data Factory? Do you enjoy building and managing cloud platforms and writing Terraform all within a very collaborative environment? Are you looking for your next career opportunity? This position may be for you!!!
Title: Sr. DevOps Application Developer
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Perform all stages of the software development life cycle, self-manage activities on smaller projects and serve as technical lead on small, medium and large projects.
- Determine operating requirements, costs, as well as resource needs for assigned projects and work in conjunction with a project manager on initiatives.
- Co-lead with Scrum Master employing object-oriented analysis and design techniques including use case analysis, object modeling, and database schema design to ensure business requirements and design goals are met.
- Participate in application architecture planning (including system partitioning and framework design) to determine optimal solution architecture, efficiency, maintainability, and scalability
- Lead / develop:
- High-level system narratives, storyboards, and user interface prototypes;
- Detailed design specifications for hardware and software use by the technical team;
- System test plans, ensure software quality assurance (SQA) standards are achieved, and validate that business goals are accomplished;
- Detailed estimates for projects, including resource allocation, timelines, and budget.
- Develop applications to client coding standards and quality.
- Developing systems and applications to client coding and quality standards
- Collaborate with business and project teams to gather requirements and business needs.
- Collaborate with developers and architects (when appropriate) to determine optimal solution architecture, efficiency, maintainability and scalability
- Complete projects/tasks on a timely basis, according to commitments made to stakeholders and management
- Develop high-level system narratives, storyboards, designs and user interface prototypes
- Develop system test plans, ensuring achievement of software quality assurance (SQA) standards, and that validate achievement of business goals
- Report project/task status to the appropriate Manager, DevOps Engineering on a weekly basis
- Identify issues that require more attention, and work to resolve issues based on an understanding of the business problem being solved.
- Draw appropriate resources together in order to address technical issues.
- Direct and focus the efforts of the technical project team.
- Monitor progress of project teams.
The information in this position description is intended to convey information about the essential functions and requirements of the position. It is not an exhaustive list of the skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the opportunity.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent IT knowledge/experience.
- 7 years application development experience
Other Required Qualifications
- Proven ability to solve new challenges and problems quickly and independently
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with all stakeholders including senior leadership
- Demonstrated ability to understand and articulate details and impacts of complex proposed solutions
- Strong planning and organizational skills with critical attention to detail and creative problem-solving skills
- Proven track record of balancing multiple priorities simultaneously with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to mentor and coach others
- Demonstrated ability to build rapport and maintain productive working relationships cross-departmentally and cross-functionally.
- Advanced knowledge of product lifecycle and understanding of the role of methodology/frameworks.
- Advanced knowledge of Chef (strongly preferred) or other Infrastructure as Code platforms such as Puppet
- Experience with source control systems such as Azure DevOps Server/Cloud (strongly preferred) and Git
- Experience configuring builds using tools such as Microsoft VSO / VSTS builds and MSBuild
- Experience with deploying code, continuous integration, continuous delivery across multiple non-production and production environments
- Experience with implementing and managing software deployment tools (i.e. Digital.ai (XebiaLabs), Octopus, AZDO Pipelines, Jenkins)
- Experience with general network concepts such as DNS, firewalls, load balancing (F5), switching, routing, etc.
- Experience acting as a liaison between application development, infrastructure, change management, and build engineering teams
- Experience in using cloud APIs to automate provisioning, deployment, improving system performance and stability a plus.
- Experience managing Data Lake and Data Factory
- Experience working in an Agile Scrum environment
- Strong preference for candidates who have worked on large-scale enterprise applications (thousands of users, millions of lines of code)
- Strong understanding of Internet protocols including HTTP, SSL, TCP, IP is a plus
- Familiarity with AzureDevOps source control best practices a plus
- Familiarity with Nuget package distribution a plus
- Familiarity with build engineering concepts a plus
- Familiarity with static code analysis tools (such as FxCop) a plus
- Familiarity with Splunk, Dynatrace, Icinga, and Redis a plus
Other Required Qualifications
- Experience in .NET & C# programing experience – minimum 5 years combined DevOps and / or application development experience
- 4 years of direct experience with Python, Ruby
- 4 years of direct experience building and managing Azure PaaS (strongly preferred), or other cloud providers such as AWS, Google
- 5 years of direct experience with Windows server configuration including operating systems and components such as IIS
- 5 years of direct experience with Linux server configuration including operating systems and components
- 3 years of direct experience building containers environments and managing orchestrators (Kubernetes)
- 3 years of direct experience managing and building container platforms with PKS, Rancher, or OpenShift
- 2 years of direct experience with writing and managing Terraform