Title: Sr. Developer, IT
Location – Dallas, TX or Cranberry Township, PA
This is a dynamic opportunity for a business intelligence developer who will be responsible for Data acquisition, ETL design, development and implementation of large-scale solutions and applications spanning Sales, Financial, Operations, Cloud and other business areas of the company.
- Implement business intelligence solutions and insights to achieve reporting and data analysis goals coordinating with stakeholders and business analysts.
- Identify new data and reporting requirements, analysis strategies and reporting solutions.
- Responsible for hands-on development, release management and implementation of data and business intelligence solutions and features on Snowflake and SQL Server data platform.
- Implement overall ETL architecture including key designs on integration standards such as loading, near real time/batch, data validation, parallelization and etc.
- Recommend and implement enhancements and modifications to optimize business intelligence and data governance processes.
- Implement data management activities including data dictionary, data lineage, master data management and data quality.
- Architect solutions based on specific project requirements, considering best practices and performance standards while promoting reusability.
- Solid hands-on knowledge of data integration methodologies and API platforms.
- Analyze issues, reverse engineer where needed to come up with solutions to resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Work with management to align solutions and data integration with business strategy and objectives.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience in Enterprise Data Warehouse systems and expert level SQL build capabilities.
- Working Knowledge of the Microsoft BI stack SSAS, SSIS, SSRS and Power BI.
- Experience with Data modeling and data visualization tools/dashboard development using Tableau.
- Experience with the practical application of data warehousing concepts, methodologies, and frameworks using Snowflake distributed technologies.
- Experience in re-architecting a data warehouse to use a Snowflake Schema
- Experience programming languages (e.g. Python, R, bash).
- Strong Object-oriented programming experience in Python/Java or Scala
- Thorough understanding of Master Data Management, Automated Data Quality
- A solid coder and majority of the job involves programming
- Ability to translate and communicate technical concepts to both technical personnel and non-IT business users.
- Knowledge of project and program management methodologies, associated processes and tools, and the software development lifecycle (SDLC).
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 7+ years of experience as a business intelligence developer
- Completion of one project using Snowflake technologies
- Demonstrable proficiency with written and oral communication
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science
- 9+ years of experience as a business intelligence developer
- 4 plus years of Project Management experience