Our Healthcare Insurance client is seeking a Sr. Developer to join their team for a contract to hire role!
Our client has more than 5,000 employees and is the number 1 health insurer in the state of North Carolina serving more than 3.89 million customers. Health care is changing, and our client is leading the way by provide innovative solutions that simplify the health care system, improve efficiency and outcomes, and help rein in costs. Our client is a not-for-profit with headquarters in Durham, NC.
Position: Sr. Developer
Term: 6 Months, contract to hire
Location: Remote, USA
** While the position is Remote, work from home, to be eligible to convert to an employee of this company, you must reside in North Carolina or one of the following states: Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Wisconsin, and Wyoming
- Bachelors degree and 5 years of experience as a developer, designing and coding enterprise web applications. If no degree, must have 7 years of experience as stated above.
- Significant professional experience with the Vue.js framework for building user interfaces including cross-browser compatibility, responsive design, and debugging
- Experience working with one or both of Node.js and GraphQL
- Experience working in self-managed Agile teams and tools such as Jira.
- SQL and NoSQL database access experience. Particularly PostgreSQL, AWS Aurora PostgreSQL experience is ideal.
- Java experience, particularly REST and micro service development.
- AWS experience with containerized and function based serverless is helpful.
- Redis caching experience is a plus particularly ElastiCache Redis
- Experience with CI/CD build and deploy pipelines and tools such as Jenkins, CDK, CodeBuild, CodeDeploy
- Provide strong technical expertise and collaborate with other IT specialists to rapidly develop and deliver stunning solutions that meet changing business needs.
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code to support varied and more complex IT solutions
- Perform all necessary discovery and fact finding to fully understand more complex business problems and opportunities and independently execute all assignments.
- Research and stay abreast of technology trends and IT best practices, with a focus on continuous learning and possible application to the business.
****To be eligible to contract at this client you must be able to pass a drug test and criminal background check.